• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trade for wide receiver Laviska Shenault

joemac

Man there are a ton of posts here but I went a lot of pages without seeing something. 
How long did. It take for a poster to say that the current OC is pretty familiar with the player?
This looks like that to me.  Could be something to the CMC role, but whatever it is the QB coach would know something about the WRs on the roster and the route trees and all that stuff. So if he can work with this guy…. seems reasonable to think this may be the motivation. 

Besides being, also maybe, a friendly reminder to anyone coasting through that you need to keep an eye out over your shoulder. 

19 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Beefier, slower Curtis Samuel

What? No no no. They really aren't that much alike. Samuel was a speed merchant legit deep ball threat with good agility. I guess LV jr, is like the powerback version of that... He's a hybrid like Samuel... But that's where the comparisions stop. They both play a wr/hb role..but how they win are opposites.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

What? No no no. They really aren't that much alike. Samuel was a speed merchant legit deep ball threat with good agility. I guess LV jr, is like the powerback version of that... He's a hybrid like Samuel... But that's where the comparisions stop. They both play a wr/hb role..but how they win are opposites.

Exactly.

He's a beefier, slower Curtis Samuel. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

Just now, Ricky Spanish said:

Exactly.

He's a beefier, slower Curtis Samuel. 

What's the first thing you think of when you think Curtis Samuel? For me it's speed.. He ran a 4.31 or so. LVjr couldn't do that in his dreams. I think Samuel developed into a legit wr as per his large contract with Washington... LVjr still trying to figure it out.. Norris is on the record saying he's to slow to play on the outside and was the worst wr last year. I just think they are 2 opposite entities.no disrespect.

14 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

What's the first thing you think of when you think Curtis Samuel? For me it's speed.. He ran a 4.31 or so. LVjr couldn't do that in his dreams. I think Samuel developed into a legit wr as per his large contract with Washington... LVjr still trying to figure it out.. Norris is on the record saying he's to slow to play on the outside and was the worst wr last year. I just think they are 2 opposite entities.no disrespect.

Lavinia Shanault is a traditional wingback & they don't lineup on the outside like a wide receiver.Curtis Samuel was a hybrid wingback that you could put outside like a wide receiver because of his speed.

most people think of a wing back & they automatically for the most part say hey here is a guy who can play running back and wide receiver so they are a wing back. nah  that is not what defines or let's say makes a player a wingback...just saying

28 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Sounds like if you took Curtis Samuel, but made him beefier; slower. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

6 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

How anyone can say this guy wasnt worth a 6th/7th blows my mind.... The jags fuging blew it last year on how they used him. In 2020 they used him to his skillset.... take a look for yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1hPHM9PKF4

I like what I see! This guy is a proven talent

The more I've thought this over...  we may have just gotten Deebo-lite for a conditional late round pick.  I know Jags fans and some twitterers were down on him, but again, he was highly regarded as a steal in his draft and regardless of how he got it, 60 catches and 600 yards in the NFL is legit productions, especially when compounded with and considering it was on a dysfunctional Jags team.

I love this move.

• Beer 2

5 hours ago, bandu said:

Lavinia Shanault is a traditional wingback & they don't lineup on the outside like a wide receiver.Curtis Samuel was a hybrid wingback that you could put outside like a wide receiver because of his speed.

most people think of a wing back & they automatically for the most part say hey here is a guy who can play running back and wide receiver so they are a wing back. nah  that is not what defines or let's say makes a player a wingback...just saying

He sounds more like an H-Back to me. Blocker and Runner with the ability to swing out wide.

• Pie 2