• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign dl Henry anderson

w280sax

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

It's all a crap shoot. That's why it's good to have as many dart throws as you can. Hitting on day 1 and 2 picks is nice, but hitting on any pick, "surprise" or not, is the ultimate goal.

The reasoning behind wanting to hit on more early picks is basically you want to crush the easy picks and not flub then. Plus the hit percentages in those three rounds are generally higher. 

Nothing wrong with hitting on later round picks. It's awesome. But the percentages of those hitting are quite low so you can't count on that with any regularity. Even the best drafting teams don't have exceptional hit rates on 4th-7th rounders.

That's why I am generally more focused on that 1st-3rd round. 

7 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

The reasoning behind wanting to hit on more early picks is basically you want to crush the easy picks and not flub then. Plus the hit percentages in those three rounds are generally higher. 

Nothing wrong with hitting on later round picks. It's awesome. But the percentages of those hitting are quite low so you can't count on that with any regularity. Even the best drafting teams don't have exceptional hit rates on 4th-7th rounders.

That's why I am generally more focused on that 1st-3rd round. 

True. You want to hit on the early picks for sure, that's why the hit rate is higher, but drafting is an imperfect science, if a science at all. All I'm saying is that at the end of the day, it doesn't matter what round the starters come from, as long as you acquire them. 

• Pie 1

ouch.....I had nixon as the first DLman off the bench. I dont know/ was thought of in 53 plan......The killer too is, its looking like a clean break cause they didnt leave room on PS.....

Only thing I can add, this is a clear 3 man front and Nixon best spot was 3-tech in a 4 man front. Still odd timing and weird pick for the 53th best player. also aware ACL recovery and understanding that DLmen was signed. 

Why didnt they sign Henry to PS and if they want to bring him to 46 game day, do so. Be a nice tryout period and late into next week sign him to the roster and cut Nixon with the hope of him making the PS. Henry must have had other teams after him...

8 minutes ago, top dawg said:

True. You want to hit on the early picks for sure, that's why the hit rate is higher, but drafting is an imperfect science, if a science at all. All I'm saying is that at the end of the day, it doesn't matter what round the starters come from, as long as you acquire them. 

I think we will have a good idea of what that class is around 2024 offseason. If we haven't gotten at least 2 quality starters from the 11 picks, it was a very, very bad draft. That's my baseline for success. 

2 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Panthers cut Kenny Robinson from the practice squad  The Huddle is pissed 

Panthers cut 5th round pick Daviyon Nixon  The Huddle is pissed

Darin Gantt reporting that Dave Tepper likes to slide his beautiful hot cok into his wife's ass every morning  The Huddle is pissed 

unreal you people make me sick 

I mean I like banging the woman in her ass when she allows it as well so im not going to fault on Dave the Players game if you know what i mean. Hell, i just roll with the punches. Cut Robinson, cut Nixon and slide Dave's hamster in his wife's backdoor its all good with me. I just want to see some damn wins!

• Beer 2

49 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Meaning that what some people attribute to "coachspeak" is actually incompetence.

I've yet to see enough good to convince me I should trust Matt Rhule when it comes to roster building.

I mean he's a 5th round player, you can do better than Nixon sure but back of the roster depth that only comes in when a player is spelled or hurt? I don't think it's "incompetence" if he stuck on the roster, it's not like we haven't been trying to address the DE depth most of this offseason.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Rags said:

I mean he's a 5th round player, you can do better than Nixon sure but back of the roster depth that only comes in when a player is spelled or hurt? I don't think it's "incompetence" if he stuck on the roster, it's not like we haven't been trying to address the DE depth most of this offseason.

Getting the little things right is something successful teams do.

That said, there's far greater evidence of Matt Rhule being incompetent than this move in particular.

4 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Yep, Flecher, Brown and Nixon all cut.  Brown and Nixon were Marty-type players, so that doesn't shock me.  What is a Marty-type player?  One whose pre-draft stock is relatively high at the beginning of the process and steadily drops throughout and come draft day throws out a net to catch said falling prospect thinking they got a 'steal.'

Horn, Christensen and Smith may be the only ones to get another contract out of that class.

We also have Hoskins and Roy from this class and it is way to early to give up on Marshall. 

45 minutes ago, Darknight said:

And mostly everyone applauded that move because he was injured the majority of the off-season.

Mostly everyone applauded moving on from Teddy Bridgewater yet we went on to replace him with a far worse QB for even more investment. People have given the decision makers the benefit of the doubt in the past but they have been spotty at best. Any skepticism now has been well earned that's just reality.

31 minutes ago, frankw said:

Mostly everyone applauded moving on from Teddy Bridgewater yet we went on to replace him with a far worse QB for even more investment. People have given the decision makers the benefit of the doubt in the past but they have been spotty at best. Any skepticism now has been well earned that's just reality.

The decision to move on has been great, the replacements not so much. What I was getting at was that you brought up the fact that we traded Perryman to the Raiders like it was a bad decision. At the time it wasn't.

• Flames 1