• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Cleveland Browns at Carolina Panthers Gameday Thread

Zod

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I am trying to be mad about this but we did storm back in a way that we don't normally ever do in the post-Cam era.

I will put it this way, consider how dogshit we looked all game and still almost won it.

So, I guess the question is are we going to still continue to be dogshit all season or are we gonna dial it in? If we lessen the mistakes and plug some obvious holes, we could actually be mediocre.

You should be right but I am expecting implosion. All the elements are there and now the pressure is being added. They will win some games but I don't think it will be more than last year even if they are more competitive. 

• Beer 1

Just now, glenwo2 said:

Or are we going to find more creative ways to lose f*cking games?

Yeah, I mean that is the million dollar question.

I guess at the bare minimum we might actually be interesting to watch keep sucking versus insanely frustrating to watch suck like last year.

IDK. What a fuging weird game. So much bad sprinkled with some big flashes of good. 

1 minute ago, joemac said:

To be fair I think they were going for a TD on that first play where Baker fumbled his 4th snap of the game.

I mean that is just more on the playing scared pile.
Whether you lose to a last second FG or lose b/c you fumbled it in the redzone its still a tick in the L column.

Play to win the fugin game

Edited by Fox007

1 minute ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Well, this sucks.  But I will say that Mayfield looked a lot better in the second half.  In fact, given the amount of pressure he was under, he looked amazingly good in the second half.  

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

he still sucked ass, a bit better than sam but not the long term answer

Agreed but the real question is whether it was Mayfield getting better in the 2nd half or the Browns taking their "defensive" foot off the gas?

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, joemac said:

It wasn’t a fluke lol. We outplayed them in the second half. The first half screwed us. Really the first quarter. We were just off and it cost us the game. But I’m very proud of how they kept battling and almost pulled it out. At least we didn’t fold and give up like previous years. 

Yeah I know it’s like people want to discount the fourth quarter when everything started coming together. Someone had to lose this game and unfortunately was a Panthers. Hopefully next week they’ll put it together and come out a little more prepared, or at least knowing what their strengths and weaknesses are in a real game.

not that we had any business winning that game for how we played most of the game....that last scoring drive we were playing to not make a mistake and not trying to win.... its the vibe of the coach...fked up really....throw a pass...run more time off the clock....terrible gutless series.

Edited by Pimpdaddy
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

Still don’t understand why we didn’t start Ickey at LG until he’s better acclimated at LT. We also seem to get it wrong.

I’m overreacting. It was his first NFL game ever against one of the toughest assignments in the NFL. He’ll get better, but I agree he is better suited for guard right now (and maybe forever). 

• Pie 1