• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers probably have the worst trio of GM/HC/Owner in the league as of this moment

Sean Payton's Vicodin

9 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

It’s hard to tell with Fitt because I don’t know who makes what calls between him and Rhule.  It’s still too early for Tepper as owner, but Rhule has shown he isn’t good at coaching at this level.

With Fitt his casual use of dealing draft picks for players is the main gripe I have against him. 
That is how we ended up as we did last draft. Rhule may of wanted Darnold but it was Fitt that got it done and traded all those picks. 

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, Paa Langfart said:

I fail to see where all the Fitterer love comes from.  But then most of the huddle morons loved tepper and his brass balls bs when he took over, saying what a huge step up it would be over old man jerry.  Fast forward to now and you see how that played out - never had a winning season.

If anything it taught me to not form an opinion until I see all the facts. 
Whatever coach we get, if Rhule is fired, I won’t be on his bandwagon until he proves himself. 
Fool me once and all that jazz. 

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I am not sure I would call any move he has made as "great".  He has way more wtf then even good

I can’t think of anything he’s done that’s remotely “pretty good.” In two years, he and Rhule have combined to make 0 solid draft picks. Fitterer makes other GMs salivate when he calls, because he always gets fleeced in trades. 

• Pie 2

Fits did not pick the coach or the owner .  HIs first year Rhule had full control and bringing  in all the Temple and Bayler players was not on Fits.  Fits has a little more input now , but the QB decision was probable still on Rhule and Tepper .   Let Fits choose the next coach and lets see how he does .  It was Hurney who decided to bring in Rhule and Tepper let him .

Temper is new and most new owners screw up their first go around and he definitely is not an exception to this. He's in no way as bad as Dan the Man. 

Fitt is another to be seen. He came in knowing his role was to negotiate contracts and find Matt Rhule players. He's done that but at the end of the day it's still Matt Rhules team. 

Matt Rhule. He has been exactly how most collage coaches have been in the NFL. Very underwhelming. He's also why you don't give full roster and personal choices to any coach. 

Yes it sucks now but with a quality coach and coaching staff this could be a good team. It's not the end of the world it's just we keep getting salt to put in the wound that is Matt Rhule and Phil Snow. It's like working under and terrible boss that the owner likes. Until the owner changes nothing will. 

1 hour ago, Camp Fodder said:

What draft pick has Fitterer made that is making a major impact on this team?  I got nothing

Horn before he got hurt. But I wonder how much if that was the 3 games he played were against bad passing teams with not very good WRs. 
Cooper won there match up and is the best WR he has faced so far. 

11 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

It’s hard to tell with Fitt because I don’t know who makes what calls between him and Rhule.  It’s still too early for Tepper as owner, but Rhule has shown he isn’t good at coaching at this level.

I agree with you on Fitt. But I have no issue letting both go. 

Adam Peters was smart to withdraw from consideration. If we let go of Fitt and Rhule this season, we should talk to him again. If we offer a true GM role, he might be more interested.

10 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

I'm confident if we had a professional head coach, this team is making thr playoffs.  Easy.

Agree. Roster and Baker are plenty good enough to make the playoffs. McVay would have this team winning the division and in the NFCCG in my opinion.

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, trueblade said:

I agree with you on Fitt. But I have no issue letting both go. 

Adam Peters was smart to withdraw from consideration. If we let go of Fitt and Rhule this season, we should talk to him again. If we offer a true GM role, he might be more interested.

I was never clear whether Peters dropped out or just didn't make the cut. I know the Niners offered him a raise and the Assistant GM title. Throw in that being GM of the 49ers is his dream job (some say he's actually the real GM anyway).

Either way, he and Lynch are under some pretty heavy scrutiny with Trey Lance underperforming after what they gave up to draft him.

Ed Dodds definitely dropped out. He wasn't willing to take the job without full control.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1