• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Igo, any credence to this?

Ivan The Awesome

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

McClover would make sense with regard to Burns, but what coach that's currently on staff would he have ties to?

(he was here under Fox)

I guess it really depends on what “ties” means. If they are strictly referring to “played for” then yea he wouldn’t check that box, but if they are referring to spent time together outside of work or inside the building, then it is plausible. 

9 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Jimmy Garrapaolo 

kirk Cousins

Jalen Ramsey 

Antonio brown 

Terrel Owens

Khalil Mack

Each had their own situation but definitely showed discern for their upcoming season with the team at the time of the behavior. 

Those are individuals though and its a generalized statement.  Generally, which implies overall, teams present a happy face.  I mean you can nitpick exceptions that counter any generalized point.  You could go to the Bengals, Lions, etc during their darkest eras and leading up to a season they are generally promoting hope, excitement, change etc. 

You can find positive player PR early in Jacksonville last year.   That’s what teams and players largely present early.   Optimism. Hope.  Even if things don’t actually sit right in the back of their head.

Human nature to a degree when you are about to kick something of pending you got  some good leadership.  Moton, Shaq, CMC, Moore all seem like the types to steer the team toward the sunshine to start a season. 

I just don’t think that talk means anything.  Not here or anywhere else.  And I’m not arguing anything said here is true or false.   Just the overall fact I don’t put much in the public face a team presents to kick of a season . 

• Beer 3

10 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

It’s totally believable 

even aside from the belief about Snow, think about how that defense looks, they are simply going through the motions 

snow, however, is everything to Rhule, if the choice is Wilks, or snow, it’s Wilks who will pack his bags 

….or succeed  Rhule as interim head coach 

11 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Okay it’s Boston. Haha

That seems like the safe money play.  Especially with the even the Bills Panthers want him gone….appeasing talk by the defensive friends of our guys. 

reporting last year was people doubted Rhule.  I’m sure that continues.  How universal is it? Got to think a healthy percentage coming off 2021.   I would assume most teams have some version of it somewhere though. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

All this just makes too much sense. It's hard to believe that it's not true. 

The only thing that I hadn't thought before is about snow and Rhule being literally glued at the hip. I thought it was bad, but I'm not surprised at the idea it could be this bad. Re: snow running the show? You know....I'm not going to argue against it. It seems totally plausible that snow holds that much sway over Rhule. 

The whole thing is a poo show and we're fugging stuck. We'll, a lot of y'all are. I'm less and less attached to this team and the blame falls squarely on Rhule's shoulders and by extension tepper who allows this poo to go on.

Get rid of Rhule and bring in a HC who is an experienced and proven success in the NFL rather than some smooth talking snake oil salesman guided by some old drunk he met at a truck stop who spouted some "wisdom" at and you'll see a dramatic  turnaround that doesn't take 7 years to make. Seriously what kind of BS are y'all and tepper buying believing that poo?

I am, sadly, so with you.

Remember when asked about Snow and Rhule said something along thr lines of "there would be no me if it wasn't for him."  Gives that statement a lot more weight now...

This is all very believable, as we can see most of it in front of our own eyes, and the dysfunction and lack of cohesion is apparent in all that the team does.  The stuff with the scheme and Wilks v. Snow is all too obvious as well.  It also makes me even more hopeless about Tepper as an owner.  If someone outside of the org knows all of this, then he knows and is just letting it happen and decided to bring these poo stains back despite all of it.  That's insane.

But, all we can do is hope...  and that starts with hoping this story gets out and blows up.  Tepper might not want to make move as long as this stuff is still quiet and in-house, but if this goes viral, it's gonna be rough for him to justify it and keep sitting on his hands.  But when you have a guy like Burns already saying he's out if this staff stays in place, and this staff is responsible for a 10-24 record currently, with the worst record in GWD scenarios, WHAT TF ARE YOU WAITING ON?  It's not going to get better.  Rhule and Co. suck.  Cut your losses and give Wilks a shot to get things right, as he is a guy that resonates with the the players, and a guy they can rally around and believe in.  Rhule will never be that guy...  he is a proven buffoon.

I dont even care if he goes against his own nature and finds a way to win Sunday...  he needs to be fired.  At worst, I'm hoping Tepper has like a specific record in mind by the tike we get to week 5, and if Rhule isn't there he's gongone...  but again,, the fact that he even brought him back gives me very little hope about that.

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, stbugs said:

He’ll do nothing but agree with it. It’s all clicks and penis eggshells or blurry handjobs to him. It’s like Howard Stern, the hate is good business. People gotta realize we are far away from an easy fix and it doesn’t help that we didn’t get to add a lot of talent in this draft of probably the next one either.

Most do not really see an easy fix they are just happy to see the ball get rolling of Rhule getting fired, maybe it's some of this or just what we see on the field. Turning it over to Wilks, Tabor and McAdoo should be a mercy at some point this season. That's good enough until we are talking about the new coaches. 

• Beer 1

Only thing that makes me skeptical is Moore stayed here. Djax stayed here. I'm liking Phil Snow less and less, but I don't think there is even enough circumstantial proof that there is any truth in this at this point. It definitely makes a lot of sense, but I can't believe some random twitter person without something that actually backs it up. I'm not that dumb. This could be all fanfic. No way to know and I'm not easily duped.