• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rapoport: Tepper to be patient with Rhule

kungfoodude

21 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't think firing him in the next few games accomplishes much but the tone of that piece is extremely concerning. I hope it is not accurate.

Firing him asap would be worth it just to never have to sit through one of his BS press conferences or have the cameras zoom in on his dumbass on the sideline ever again. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

Just now, Jackie Lee said:

Firing him asap would be worth it just to never have to sit through one of his BS press conferences or have the cameras zoom in on his dumbass on the sideline ever again. 

I definitely agree from a fans perspective but I also understand it would largely be a net negative for the franchise. Especially when it comes to hiring the next guy.

There is no chance Rhule gets fired before Week 10 or so, regardless of our record.  

Rivera got fired around Week 12 or so, right?  That is usually when teams fire head coaches, if they plan on doing it in-season.  I think Rhule stays the season and then gets fired.

47 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

My fear is that Tepper isn't capable of discerning what "improvement" looks like. I think he might be buying the smoke and mirrors BS that Rhule is selling.

I kind of feel like he’s letting his financials get situated before he focuses on football again. I think a lot of “the process” he talks about is mostly getting his sports/entertainment biz established. 

losing NFL franchises still appreciate in value and make money, he doesn’t really care about winning.  

3 minutes ago, Donald LaFell said:

I kind of feel like he’s letting his financials get situated before he focuses on football again. I think a lot of “the process” he talks about is mostly getting his sports/entertainment biz established. 

losing NFL franchises still appreciate in value and make money, he doesn’t really care about winning.  

Not sure I can buy that as much as I buy that he is buying the BS Rhule is spewing because Tepper really doesn't know very much about football.

I don't think that is a small thing to overlook, that he really has extremely limited football knowledge but still meddles in the football operation side of things.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1