• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How does it feel ?

Paa Langfart

14 minutes ago, PghPanther said:

Tepper is over at the NC shoreline walking the beach one day last week all by himself...........he comes upon this lamp buried in the sand........bends over picks it up and starts to clean it off when .......poof!......out comes a Genie.

The Genie says, "I'm the Genie of the lamp and I have one wish left for anyone who want it"

Tepper says, "I have a wish (while he pulls out a piece of paper from his back pocket)..........see this paper...its a map of the Middle East .....my people and the Arabs have been fighting over land and property there for over 3,000 years............its caused great turmoil and tragedy for us and the whole world in general.......can you bring peace and prosperity to that region of the world instead of this continued fighting, tension and strife?" 

The Genie looks at the map and says, "Hmm that's a really tall order".........(then hands the paper back to Tepper) and says......"Isn't there any wish you want besides that one?"

Tepper says........"Yeah......I own this football team and I just can't seem to get a winning season and make the playoffs with them.........My wish is you give us a winning season and make the playoffs this year"

The Genie looks back and Tepper and says, " Hmm......well uh............Say, could I see that paper with the map on it again?"

1661196699315594.jpg.4d65ed0011d2ba7e6142780732197895.jpg

21 hours ago, Paa Langfart said:

To keep watching the ongoing shitshow and being tepper and rhules bitch ?

Just wanted to find out cause I was out after the first game this year, although I occasionally tune in for a minute or two here or there for lols when the mood strikes.

Kinda feels like you are trying to talk down to those of us that are still watching.

• Pie 4

On 10/4/2022 at 8:19 PM, CPantherKing said:

I saw this coming since 2013 with Gettleman, and I knew Rhule was going to continue the tailspin.

This has been in the works since Gettleman chipped away at the team that was built for 2013 and won in spite of him in 2015. A ton of leadership and talent on that team (Gross, Kaill, Wharton, Olsen, Smitty, Cam, DWill, JStew, Tolbert, Johnson, Luke, TD, Anderson, Addison, Captain, Norman, Blackburn, Beason, and Mitchell) was widdled down by 2017. Gone too were Beane and McDermott. In came the new ownership who followed up the Gettleman fiasco with this Rhule implosion. The years of Gettleman and Rhule have left this team with nothing to stand on now. The Panthers had the foundation for a dynasty of 10 to 20 years of success. Yes, it may have been hot and cold until McDermott and Beane took over, but the pieces were all in place. Shows you how 2 really bad decisions on leadership with Gettleman and Rhule can put a team into a 10 to 20 year tailspin.

The Panthers do have the pieces in place for a miracle turn around, but they will need one of the best coach/gm combos to pull it off.

Jennifer Lopez Reaction GIF by NBC World Of Dance

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, stbugs said:

Half those guys barely played in 2013 and 2015 had a ton of additionale players. Gettleman made tons of mistakes, but it was Hurney taking over a still talented team in 2017 (DG’s last off-season and best draft) and giving us the cap fiascos and terrible 2018-2020 drafts that left us in full rebuild just 3 years after 4 out of 5 playoffs. The last two years have just been the icing on the cake.

Yep. When something is as ridiculously “biased” and just plain false as that rant, I just wanted to hear how he justified any of It. That’s usually where the fun starts. 

A new HC can have a two year turn around IMO. Draft the right QB in the top 5 and let him develop behind our young and pretty solid OL leaning on our defense like we already are. In year 2 our cap should free up and our rookie QB will have a year of development for us to add pieces around him. We just have to hire the right HC…

On 10/4/2022 at 8:19 PM, CPantherKing said:

I saw this coming since 2013 with Gettleman, and I knew Rhule was going to continue the tailspin.

This has been in the works since Gettleman chipped away at the team that was built for 2013 and won in spite of him in 2015. A ton of leadership and talent on that team (Gross, Kaill, Wharton, Olsen, Smitty, Cam, DWill, JStew, Tolbert, Johnson, Luke, TD, Anderson, Addison, Captain, Norman, Blackburn, Beason, and Mitchell) was widdled down by 2017. Gone too were Beane and McDermott. In came the new ownership who followed up the Gettleman fiasco with this Rhule implosion. The years of Gettleman and Rhule have left this team with nothing to stand on now. The Panthers had the foundation for a dynasty of 10 to 20 years of success. Yes, it may have been hot and cold until McDermott and Beane took over, but the pieces were all in place. Shows you how 2 really bad decisions on leadership with Gettleman and Rhule can put a team into a 10 to 20 year tailspin.

The Panthers do have the pieces in place for a miracle turn around, but they will need one of the best coach/gm combos to pull it off.

I think the situation is a LITTLE more nuanced than that, but I see your point...

14 hours ago, ladypanther said:

Kinda feels like you are trying to talk down to those of us that are still watching.

I also know that things won't change until tepper feels the heat of reduced revenue and the wrath of the fans.  So yeah it kind of pisses me off that folks are keeping that cash stream going for him and supporting the poo show.