• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do they re-sign Cam now?

hepcat

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

There’s no downside to bringing him back. The offense is legitimately awful. Cam can at least put a couple TDs on the board a game usually. He’s better than any of the QBs on the roster, yet again. 

There are several downsides:

• Wasted cap space/rollover
  • Further tarnish Cam's legacy by not putting him in a position to succeed

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

lol... you literally just supported my statement. That year Wentz had 64 rushing attempts, and was on pace for over 100 total carries before tearing his ACL.... Successful RPO offenses leverage the QB as a rushing weapon as well.

ironically, Wentz tore his ACL on a rushing play.

It is true though that an RPO based offense isn't the same thing as a read option scheme.

And honestly, I have a hard time picturing Newton running McAdoo's offense.

Remember what Cam said at the end of last year:

"Selfishly, the question can be kind of directed towards, do you think I can play? Yes, I still do think I can play at a high level, absolutely. But if an opportunity presents itself where I don't necessarily need to play and it's about winning, yeah, I'm willing to do that, too," Newton said. "Because this point forward, I'm not coming back for no 5-12. I'll tell you that now. Winning makes everything better. So to what degree I'm willing to do -- whether being the starter or not -- if it's about winning, I'm with it. And then if it's not, then I won't hitch my wagon to it."

Even if for some reason Tepp/Fitt called, I think he'd say thanks, but no thanks.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1