• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Official HC Candidate Thread

methodtoll

5 hours ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

What about college coaches?

my curiosity has been appeased. do not want. not without significant NFL experience anyways. Harbaugh would be the only one, and even then i don't know that his mindset and approach is sustainable. 

it's all football, but being a college coach is a very different approach to coaching than NFL. 

• Beer 2

28 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Neither you nor anyone else really knows that. 

Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

That's what David Tepper said when Vegas had Harbaugh as the odds on favorite to be the next Coach of the Panthers, look at us now.

It's Harbaugh or bust. Payton isn't going to be made available by the Saints, foolishness, not happening.

Should we hire a former Panthers QB to coach the team? No brainer. .695 NFL win percentage, the proof is in the pudding.

Give me someone with a better resume, a better record..

.I Know Yes GIF by Bounce

I'm all ears......

3 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

That's what David Tepper said when Vegas had Harbaugh as the odds on favorite to be the next Coach of the Panthers, look at us now.

It's Harbaugh or bust. Payton isn't going to be made available by the Saints, foolishness, not happening.

Should we hire a former Panthers QB to coach the team? No brainer. .695 NFL win percentage, the proof is in the pudding.

I'm all ears......

I would love Harbaugh to be our next HC, but that doesn't mean that others wouldn't be better. There is nothing akin to the laws of physics when trying to say just because that blonde-haired coach didn't work out, that the next one want. Or just because that 300 pound defensive coordinator worked out, that the next one will also. You MUST look at each coach/assistant on their own merits. 

18 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

I'm all ears......

Given what Tepper said about giving coaches less control in his presser, I do not see Harbaugh being a candidate.

• Pie 1

The list of offensive coordinators as first time hires had me excited about potential options.

The list of failures that already proved they were better coordinators than HCs make me realize I had better learn to settle for the safe meh because it sure feels like that is what we are rushing towards. 

And fug Payton, it wouldn't work here and I doubt he doesn't washout in 2 years wherever he goes. Talking on TV is such a cushy job compared with the coaching grind. His best days are years behind him. 

45 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I would love Harbaugh to be our next HC, but that doesn't mean that others wouldn't be better. There is nothing akin to the laws of physics when trying to say just because that blonde-haired coach didn't work out, that the next one want. Or just because that 300 pound defensive coordinator worked out, that the next one will also. You MUST look at each coach/assistant on their own merits. 

I am .695 in a four year NFL career. That's fifth best historically.

No better resume, no better record. That's why experience and prior success preferred.

Any records better, any resume better?

Listen GIF by The Maury Show