• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scott Fowler just went IN on Tepper after that press conference yesterday

Ricky Spanish

Wow Scott. wow.

Tepper was pretty much as ass through the entire pc, but never thought I would see anything like this. Watch out Scott...as you know Tepper is a vindictive bully...and a very rich one. Wonder if he is thinking about retirement or has another job lined up.

Edited by ladypanther
  • Pie 5
  • Beer 1

Okay, after ready the juice, Scott's article isn't that damning or incendiary.

More of a combination of a save-face, "look at me", and continuing the illusion of sparring without really sinking that deep.  

Tepper went out in public and took it on the chin, and it's not like he beat him down verbally, he had a minor/somewhat agitated response to Fowler.  He claimed he has to learn, will likely seek consultants for the next coach, and is moving forward trying to win. 

I think reporters are wanting him to somehow admit fault for not firing Rhule at the end of last year, or to get a reason.  Well I think it was clear: Rhule needed to come into this year hot, pants on fire, we had a new QB with playoff wins under his belt, new OC, and let's see, 5 weeks in, we have the worst team in the league.  So yeah, he's fired after being kindly allowed a third chance.  Tepper gave him that final shot whether people like it or not, and you know, he had enough after it started off again.  He got new coaches, a new QB, and still sucked.   So we pulled to cord sooner than later this time.    

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, hepcat said:

Got nothing but respect for Fowler for that article. Tepper needs to come down off his high horse. It's gonna take a village to fix this team. He's not going to end up being the savior. He needs to understand that. 

Tepper literally said that yesterday, and he also took accountability and admitted he took a risk on Rhule and lost. Weird take.

• Pie 4