• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Burns practically a "lock" to be traded before the deadline

saX man

Burns isn't getting moved in the middle of the season with an interim coach. I don't know that he's worth the payday he's going to ask for but if we move him what becomes of the rest of the pass rush? What sparse resources we have going forward will or should be used to continue to build the oline and make this boring offense formidable again. It's easy to say get what you can for him but odds are those fans will be singing a different tune when they see our nonexistent pass rush and jag QB's having all day in the pocket.

I also see Cowboys fans jizzing all over themselves on Twitter demanding that Jerry go get them DJ Moore...  ESPN thsi week has also featured Keyshawn, JWill, and Max diacussing DJ to help their Giants.  As I've said elsewhere, we just fired our coach, our owner appears to be an arrogant, pompous idiot, and national media sees it as our franchise being in complete disarray, so of course, they view us as the NFL's little brother team that they can use to fulfill all of their fantasy trade needs...  fug logic and reasoning, "I wont that player from that team nobody cares about Jerrah!"  

But again, completely forget the fact that DJ just signed a contract extension and it makes NO fuging sense for us to trade him because of the cap hit we would incur.  I don't put any weight into any of these "reports."  These assholes from major markets are pushing this poo for clicks.

• Pie 2

Is Burns over rated? His size limits him and he doesn’t get 10 sacks. Would he be better in a 3-4 as an OLB? 

he’s probably our most valuable asset and will be wanting a lot of money. Why not trade him when we can probably get a first and another top pick. Possibly 2 first? Or a first and a second or third? Pass rushers are highly valued.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Burns isn't getting moved in the middle of the season with an interim coach. I don't know that he's worth the payday he's going to ask for but if we move him what becomes of the rest of the pass rush? What sparse resources we have going forward will or should be used to continue to build the oline and make this boring offense formidable again. It's easy to say get what you can for him but odds are those fans will be singing a different tune when they see our nonexistent pass rush and jag QB's having all day in the pocket.

Who cares we are tanking. We are going to need a few years to become a contender. Trade everyone now for maximum value or we can keep everyone on big contracts and stay an average to below average team.

2 hours ago, jb2288 said:

Ones an in the box safety one is a pro bowl DE, I don’t buy that one minute 

Yeah but Jamal was looked at as the Luke Kuchely of SS. Strong locker room guy, elite in the box and was capable in coverage. The Seahawks thought he was the missing piece. The overpay sorta kinda made sense for a team looking to replace Kam.

Brian Burns is really good, but he's gonna want cap instantly so you have to weigh whether or not he's wroth it compared to getting a young talent in the Late first for 4-5 years.

Basically what I'm saying is Jamal was a special, dumb case. It's not gonna happen with Burns

• Pie 1