• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PJ Passing Chart - Next Gen Stats

CRA

image.thumb.jpeg.18ed33a33cb4b4f5ac2dbc0fb10789a8.jpeg

and his two prior starts 

image.thumb.jpeg.1306b2eb5912a589ea2affa5579d8880.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0349bd14ab848174a2928eac5cf815f4.jpeg

PJ did have 3 INTs in his prior starts.   All 3 were balls intercepted inside the 25.  But they did a great job moving the ball with him given what he is. 

there just doesn’t seem to be a defense for what we saw Sunday.  A NFL staff should of been able to scheme up a basic pass offense between the 20s for PJ.  That wouldn’t be “aggressive”. 

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, CRA said:

and his two prior starts 

PJ did have 3 INTs in his prior starts.   All 3 were balls intercepted inside the 25.  But they did a great job moving the ball with him given what he is. 

there just doesn’t seem to a defense for what we saw Sunday.  A NFL staff should of been able to scheme up a basic pass offense between the 20s for PJ.  That wouldn’t be “aggressive”. 

Basically tried to do what Belichick did against Buffalo, but for very different reasons.

The problem with PJ has long been that the closer you get to the end zone, the worse he gets.

Even so, hard to believe they wouldn't let him throw much at all.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

PJ Walker isn't a top flight NFL QB. But I've never seen him play like he played against the Rams last week. PJ was playing in the system he was told to play in. He wasn't given free range to play his football. We all know that PJ isn't afraid to pass downfield, but everyone just wants to be negatively critical instead of staying the obvious. Why they didn't give him an opportunity to actually play, idk.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

35 minutes ago, CRA said:

and his two prior starts 

there just doesn’t seem to be a defense for what we saw Sunday.  A NFL staff should of been able to scheme up a basic pass offense between the 20s for PJ.  That wouldn’t be “aggressive”. 

not bad I like what I see 

• Pie 2

None of us are ever going to call plays in the NFL, but I think a fair number of us could have found a way to get a couple of 5-10 yard completions each quarter. 

They should have been able to call some hook/curl routes, dig routes, or crossing patterns in addition to all of the screens.  And, why not a reverse screen?. Fake a screen to CMAC and go back the other way to a TE or WR. I would have tried a HB option pass once/when the defense started creeping up to the LOS. They could have even tried a flea flicker. PJ's got arm. If we could have got someone running free down the field PJ probably could have hit him. PJ is scary when a defender is around football.

It's not hard to defend a team that you know has no intention of throwing the ball 10 yards down the field. Awful game plan.

I guess they really didn't trust him to throw the ball downfield at all. He probably would have thrown 5 picks if they let him. Plan seemed to be run the ball and be physical. Grind this game out until we get a QB back but you HAVE to let him throw once the other team knows all you are doing is playing at the LOS.