• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC to the 49ers

Ricky Spanish

4 hours ago, Krovvy said:

It's about what I had imagined the Panthers would get. As long as he stays healthy, he can be the piece that pushes a team over the top.

However, I don't think a lot of our fans are thinking with their heads. Since we drafted Christian the team hasn't won. He's been amazing at what he does, but stats don't win football games. There are guys every year found late in the draft or even undrafted that can produce at the running back position, and it doesn't come with a premium contract.

Since we drafted Christian, he only had one season in which he played with a healthy and top end QB (2017).

After Cam's injury things have never been good the Carolinas in terms of QB. Someone had a post on here this week about QB records here the past few years. The guy at the top of the list was Kyle Allen with a 6-7 record. The is almost unbelievable when you actually brake time to think about it.

Yet, Christian seems to be the one is the scapegoat because we didn't win with him. We've been bad since 2018 because of bad QB, not because of an overly expensive RB contract.

• Pie 2

I am glad for Christian 

he is going somewhere where they will use him properly 

as for this wretched franchise, thanks to all the draft capital they burned through for mediocre ass players, there was little choice 

they best hope they get a return in those freaking draft picks 

the panthers just can’t have nice things and they can kiss my ass 

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Beer 1

Just now, raleigh-panther said:

I am glad for Christian 

he is going somewhere where they will use him properly 

as for this wretched franchise, thanks to all the draft capital they burned through for mediocre ass players, there was little choice 

the panthers just can’t have nice things and they can kiss my ass 

His mom is happy lol

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Zod said:

2nd 3rd 4th 5th is fair for a guy that has barely played in two years.

after the emotions of seeing him traded wore off, this is probably a correct statement

I think its also fair to assume he asked for a trade presumably to san fran

I also think its safe to assume if tepper is going to let fitt trade cmac then tepper is probably keeping fitt next season

• Beer 2

I see what we are trying to do but I have zero faith we turn those picks into good players. 

We are in October and trading away our best players for picks. All of this could have happened in the off season if we didn’t have an incompetent owner who hates admitting he was wrong. fuging waste of a year

• Pie 2

13 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

Since we drafted Christian, he only had one season in which he played with a healthy and top end QB (2017).

After Cam's injury things have never been good the Carolinas in terms of QB. Someone had a post on here this week about QB records here the past few years. The guy at the top of the list was Kyle Allen with a 6-7 record. The is almost unbelievable when you actually brake time to think about it.

Yet, Christian seems to be the one is the scapegoat because we didn't win with him. We've been bad since 2018 because of bad QB, not because of an overly expensive RB contract.

When you pay a player as much as we paid Christian it has to produce wins. We paid him as the centerpiece of our offense. And he immediately became injury prone which happens all the time with rbs on their second contract. Remember all those times at the goal line for us to win and he couldn’t get it done. We cannot build an nfl offense this way anymore.

What a great trade for everyone.  Hell of an offense for CMC to play in, we got more picks than we have any right to get for him, and this is a fantastic year to draft a RB the class is going to be so deep.  This is the kind of team building move we needed, CMC wasn’t going to be CMC by the time we were able to utilize him again. Build out the offense this draft, grab our QB of the future and we may actually finally have a shot to get out of this hole.

People have every right to be sad CMC is gone but holding onto the past isn’t gonna get us to the future. 

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

Probably the only player I thought had a chance of getting traded. Our offense might get worse if that even possible 

From the beginning of the season our points per game has been trending down week to week....i'm not sure we'll even be able to score let alone a touchdown...

I don't think anyone was offering first round picks for a guy that has not been on the field the last 2 seasons.  Just they way it is.  I am curious to see how the 9ers use Deebo and Christian together as they are very similar in what they do.  

• Beer 1