• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Welp… Stroud is the guy, right?

2 hours ago, 3838 said:

Wow that was ummmm.... not impressive at all. A few good throws hitting a crosser or a slant but tons of screens to Wandale Robinson (who might be good on the Giants) and why the f did they include those boot pitches to him too lol. So many deep balls where Wandale is wide open and the Georgia game was nothing... no balls up the seam or outside the numbers over the shoulder. Whoever is the OC for 2021 Kentucky is good though because there were some good designs in there to help out. HARD pass from me dawg absolutely not a #1 QB type talent if that's all he's got.

So the knock on stroud is he throws to wide open receivers with the scheme he is in but when I watch cut ups of his games on YouTube I see him threading the needle and making insane off platform plays with receivers being draped in coverage. I’m guessing people are scared because it’s Ohio state. The ONLY hesitation with Bryce is his size because otherwise everyone knows he’s a baller.

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, Captroop said:

Watching Stroud's highlights, and he really has me questioning my adamant position of "No OSU QBs ever, for any reason." One thing you can't argue is his placement is perfect, and you can't teach that. Every pass hits his receivers in the hands, in stride, where only they can catch it. I'm just sitting here with my jaw on the floor. Those two passes on the sideline...I've never seen anything like it at the college level. 0% margin for error and he nails them.

That's what I've seen with him.  NFL Elite placement and he's not running or bailing.

Also super quick with his progressions.  Both things Fields absolutely did not have.

Field's has a great downfield pass but he didn't thread the needle the way Stroud does.  And he went (still does) go into slow-mo through his reads.  It's so slow, you rarely see him going past his first guy this year in Chicago because the D picks it all up faster than he can process.

• Pie 1

Be careful choosing a sophomore QB who has had 4 WRs who are top 15 draft picks.

I've been looking closer at his clutch game situations with the final drives to end the 1st half and his ability to carry the team to a win at the end of a game when the defense and running game struggle. His footwork gets sloppy, he makes bad decisions, and he forces balls into receivers who are covered by 2 to 4 defenders at the elements of the college game that translate well to the NFL. I don't see him following the same pattern of Haskins and Fields. I think he will be an exceptional game manager in the NFL. He reminds me of Teddy Bridgewater coming out of Louisville. Definitely not worth a top 20 pick. If he can carry the team to victories instead of constant blow outs, maybe worth a late 1st round pick. Otherwise, a possible 2nd round pick if he falls. Not a definite franchise QB option.

2 hours ago, rebelrouser said:

Exactly. Justin Fields dropped some dimes in the championship game before becoming a bust in Chicago. Right now I am thinking Kenny Pickett might be the best qb prospect of the last two drafts. It sure isn't Lance, Fields, Wilson, or Jones. 

Lawrence is looking better, I need to see Wilson healthy longer, Jones and Zappe did what they were asked in that system, and Fields went to an impossible situation for any rookie QB to develop (no OL, no weapons, and a HC that is mainly DC focused).  It takes more than simply drafting a player, you have to give them the ability to succeed.  If we get a good offensive HC to pair with our solid OL and young defensive talent, it could be a good environment to develop a rookie QB.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

On 10/21/2022 at 12:25 AM, davos said:

My ideal scenario right meow:

Get CJ Stroud and Jordan Addison to be coached up by Shane Steichen. 

Levis and Young are still in the running. But bullet to the head right now, Stroud.

Yeah. Leave it to the Panthers to rediscover the forward pass and win against a team with injuries and miss up their draft position 

I watched Stroud today, wow, is all I can say 

young is just too small. No thanks.  In the nfl he is going to play against much bigger faster people than himself every week.  Don’t want it 

I’ll say too, all those draft picks from the 49ers could be very late in the rds so after next rd level.  I guess I’ll be rooting for Christian and against the 49ers 

Offensive focus: 

Running Backs in the 2nd: 

Gibbs (I'd LOVE this as a pick) or Evans... maybe Tucker..Gibbs is just a playmaker. 

If they're waiting later on to shoot at rb: Achane (he's small but his acceleration is off the charts, think Tyreek Hill at rb and returns)...Chase Brown is another solid option

WRs in the second: 

My pick: Jordan Addison... I'm guessing as the draft gets clearer he'll probably slip into the backend of the 1st. 

Wouldnt be mad at: Demus Jr from Maryland, Boutte from LSU or Njigba out of OSU. 

TE: 

There is a chance Mayer and All slip into the top of the 2nd...Sam LaPorta in 2nd would start immediately...if not I'd start looking in the third for either Georgia TE's. 

2nd: LaPorta out of Iowa. 

Darnell Washington in the 3rd ...Massive man. Big redzone target ... 

Gilbert in the 4th... his off the field issues will probably cost him alot of $$ on draft night... I'd take that risk with a 4th or 5th. Borderline 1st round talent.

Jaheim Bell: Plays how I always envisioned Ian Thomas playing. 

If we were to come out of the draft with: 

Stroud, Gibbs, Boutte/Jaxon Smith, and Gilbert or Bell...this offensive bs would be solved overnight with a creative OC. 

We still need a MLB and a complete edge defender opposite Burns but I'm guessing we'll FA target that. 

3 hours ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

If this dude even makes it to pick #32, don't hesitate and draft him! People will forget who CMC is! Another name to keep an eye on is Gibbs from Alabama. 

Yeah dude is nasty. I was hoping for a DE or MLB higher up around 32 but I'm just not seeing or hearing about any guys balling out. Still early but doesn't seem like a great draft for Defense at the moment

• Pie 2