• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Offers for Burns

Mr. Scot

8 hours ago, Gucceland said:

For Panthers fans you had better hope the Panthers goal is to drive up the trade price on Burns and get something close to what they are "reporting" they have been offered....Very simply put after November 1 the Panthers have ZERO bargaining power when it comes to signing Burns or trading him in 2023.  They will be forced to pay him what 2 first round picks is worth if he isn't traded or he will walk.  

How do you hillbillies not see this?

Well gaullll-Leeee there Bubba, I see where ya coming from but dag nabbit I can't comprehend because I'm just too dumb a hillbilly there Mr. Spray on tan get out the shower to take a piss fancy city chicken. Oh yeah, you got a purdy mouth...... Yeee-hawww

Deliverance Dueling Banjos GIF

deliverance GIF

Edited by YourLastThought

3 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

As the next top tier DE to get a deal, that’s how it works. He’ll be the highest paid edge til the next one gets a new deal

2 hours ago, Basbear said:

If he wants top DE???

Im Out Shark Tank GIF by ABC Network

4 yrs / 112M / 80M Guaranteed. That's TJ Watt's deal (the current highest paid DE). That's the starting point. 

Are you comfortable giving Burns that?

10 hours ago, Gucceland said:

For Panthers fans you had better hope the Panthers goal is to drive up the trade price on Burns and get something close to what they are "reporting" they have been offered....Very simply put after November 1 the Panthers have ZERO bargaining power when it comes to signing Burns or trading him in 2023.  They will be forced to pay him what 2 first round picks is worth if he isn't traded or he will walk.  

How do you hillbillies not see this?

100% Troll 100% prick

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Pretty sure he's no longer a member here 

I hope that is enough for a permanent ban.

8 hours ago, trueblade said:

4 yrs / 112M / 80M Guaranteed. That's TJ Watt's deal (the current highest paid DE). That's the starting point. 

Yep, if that’s what it takes. Good edge rushers don’t grow on trees. We let him walk who knows when we’ll get another one. We won’t reproduce his production in FA for cheaper unless we get super lucky and find someone who was just “misused” on their previous team or strike gold on a draft selection. The good DEs tend to go really high.  

9 hours ago, trueblade said:

He's not even close to as good as TJ Watt.

Pay him on his production level. He doesn’t deserve TJ money

7 minutes ago, catnip said:

If we deal Burns , Fits will have to earn his job to replace a pro bowl DE .

Yeah, I'm super torn on this matter.  I think everyone wants to keep Burns, but his HUGE payday around the corner and the haul in draft capital we could get for him...not to mention the much needed cap space is very hard to pass up.

18 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Yeah, I'm super torn on this matter.  I think everyone wants to keep Burns, but his HUGE payday around the corner and the haul in draft capital we could get for him...not to mention the much needed cap space is very hard to pass up.

I get the thought process behind wanting the two 1st rounders but elite pass rushers are one of the three most important positions in the NFL for a reason. 

It is definitely tough to turn down 2 first round picks but finding a Burns replacement may take either draft after draft to achieve or cost an amount in free agency that we could simply just invest in Burns.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I get the thought process behind wanting the two 1st rounders but elite pass rushers are one of the three most important positions in the NFL for a reason. 

It is definitely tough to turn down 2 first round picks but finding a Burns replacement may take either draft after draft to achieve or cost an amount in free agency that we could simply just invest in Burns.

If we were on the cusp on contending, I'd say we keep him, but we need so much help all over this roster that one player alone can't put this team on his shoulders.  I'm good either way, but dang if that haul isn't eye candy.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

I think we trade him for the simple face that his pay day is coming and we are probably 2-3 years away from making a strong push to be a contender. 

If we beat the Falcons next week I think there's zero chance he's traded. Tepper will yank the e-brake on the rebuild mentality and shift to trying to win this shitty division. 

This seemingly relatively low key mid-season game between two bad teams in a putrid division is quietly the most pivotal football game we've played in years.

• Beer 1