• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers are one game out of first place in the NFCS

Zod

I've said it over and over.  Tanking is a Fan term not a term players know or use.

We have the best defense in the NFCS.  If we can get some solid offensive play we can beat anyone.  

Wilks has this team believing they can compete.  Next week will show whether we are turning the corner or just pulled off an emotional win.

If we win at Atlanta this weekend, then go on the road to beat the Bengals we could be going into our one primetime game of the year with our new helmets and a chance to be at .500. It would be the first time we would have a homefield advantage this year. 

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Whoever wins this division is going to really fug themselves. The whole division is terrible and needs a QB. Someone is gonna cost themselves 10 spots of draft position just to get their asses kicked in the wildcard round and go down as the worst team to ever make the playoffs.

I hate feeling this way but I agree.   Making the playoffs because everybody else is asscheeks is just hurting us in the long term.

But beating Brady did feel nice.   

• Pie 3
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Whoever wins this division is going to really fug themselves. The whole division is terrible and needs a QB. Someone is gonna cost themselves 10 spots of draft position just to get their asses kicked in the wildcard round and go down as the worst team to ever make the playoffs.

Winning the division gets us an ass kicking in the playoffs, Wilks as coach,  ben mccado as OC, and a  shitty draft spot

But culture or something.  Beating Brady is fun but looking long term...........

• Pie 1
  • Poo 2

20 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You absolutely could be right.  But the other way to look at it is:

If we win the division, we suddenly become very appealing to a new coach and/or the next great QB dissatisfied with his current team.  Especially considering we basically have two sets of draft picks to work with.

This is certainly a glass-half-full/wishful thinking view when I'm not remotely convinced we can win the division yet.  But, at least for me, that'll give me the reason to root for our guys to win.

And to the OP, yes, it's shocking to be one game out of 1st in nfcs.  Even more shocking to add to it that we are one game out of draft pick #1 AT THE SAME TIME.  And undefeated in our division to boot.

Screwy times.

• Pie 1