• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Opinions: if Wilks does a good job...

Jmac

All depends on how he performs. If he can lead this team, with PJ at QB and actually improve the team making good roster decisions, then he deserves to be part of the coaching search. That's about all I'm willing to say because I want this process to be thorough and as many qualified candidates as we can interviewed. If he's the best out of all those we interview, great. If not, so be it. 

1 minute ago, mc52beast said:

It’s amazing that we win one game and suddenly we’re playoff contenders. Y’all are probably the ones who went nuts after Sam went 3-0 and Kyle Allen was ballin.

I mean we are playoff contenders right now.  The NFC South is terrible.

We have the best defense in the division IMO 

Edited by Shocker
  • Beer 4

You have to judge the man like you should judge any head coach. It's the wins in the end. Progress is good, but it is deceiving as each year your squad can change immensely in truth but little on paper. Please see the Buccaneers, Rams and Bengals for examples.

He now has a win. I'm not putting that first week against him and no one should.

If he somehow pulls a winning season out of this, it will be a miracle and one we cannot, in any way shape or form ignore. If he breaks five wins, then he at least needs to be in consideration.

Right now he has A win. I hope he gets many more. He has elevated the players on that squad in one tumultuous week. If he wants the job he has to keep doing this again and again, not because he's the interim, but because that's what head coaches do to manufacture wins.

• Pie 2

For everyone on the fence about winning vs getting a QB.  Lookit we were willing to give up massive amounts for Deshaun Watson.  We can do the same to move up in the draft.  It’s all incredibly risky but a franchise QB is always attainable.  Every win ups the price but it is possible 

We aren’t talking winning the Super Bowl here folks

We have pick 3 right now.  I wouldn’t panic on the QB dilemma yet folks

Edited by Shocker

40 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

It’s amazing that we win one game and suddenly we’re playoff contenders. Y’all are probably the ones who went nuts after Sam went 3-0 and Kyle Allen was ballin.

No claiming  we are a playoff team here but I believe the post was stated as hypothetically if we were to finish much stronger than we started what would you do about Wilks? Perfectly legitimate question.