• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rams Offering Two (Future) Firsts for Burns

45 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

What are your odds of replacing Burns? There's a reason a better team is offering those picks. And there's a reason why the Rams have a recent SB victory while we've been wallowing around in the muck of the dredges of the NFL.

I mean, the Rams have a recent SB victory because as a franchise they opted to go all in on this window in time to try to win.    We are the polar opposite.  Draft picks IMO matter more to us than them in the present and near future. 

Burns is at the end of his rookie deal.  He isn't the type DE I want to give a massive contract to.  So that's a big part of why I do it.   I don't think he is good enough or diverse enough for a massive DE deal.  

Burns was the 2nd best pass rusher on the team last year ...to a rental.  And pass rushing is really all Burns really is bringing.  He is good at it.  But it not game changing ability. 

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, Jaxel said:

Sure, but we have the leverage. They are in a position where they need pieces to compete, they have limited capital and several team in their division are well ahead of them right now. Just because it's 2 first round picks doesn't mean it's the best deal. Use your leverage and take what you can. We need to stop being a candy store for teams to pick off our best player for cheap.

I didn't realize we got picked off for cheap. Care to elaborate? 

5 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

I remember when peppers could’ve been traded and left for the open market and we got absolutely nothing for him. Burns does not want to stay here.  Get the First round picks and move on.

Burns doesn't want to be here?  Source?  Also Peppers wanted to play standing up in the 3-4 which we didn't run so he went to GB where he could.  

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Burns doesn't want to be here?  Source?  Also Peppers wanted to play standing up in the 3-4 which we didn't run so he went to GB where he could.  

That’s just more baseless Huddle rhetoric. Gets repeated enough that people start taking it as true without an ounce of thought. Same as the drivel about him being bad against the run. 

Edited by JawnyBlaze
  • Pie 1

32 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

There is a huge drop in talent around picks 12-14 in the NFL draft. Front office experts refer to it as the "talent shelf." Sometimes you get lucky and a guy you had as a top 10 slips late (Burns) other times you get left with what is there (Kadrius Toney)... If you can't land in the top 14 range... then your pick isnt as valuabel as you hoped.... mathmaticaly. 

This is true, and likely a factor in Fitterer declining it which I completely understand