• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shaq says Wilks is bringing back the Panthers to what they used to be.

rayzor

On 11/4/2022 at 8:43 PM, mc52beast said:

So what was it about Rhule that these guys gushed about him?

Who gushed?

I can recall Burns and McCaffrey offering public defenses but I wouldn't have called that "gushing".

The closest you likely got to enthusiasm came from Temple/Baylor guys like Robbie Anderson and Colin Thompson. Nobody should take those guys seriously.

5 hours ago, rayzor said:

maybe. i just don't know what kind of impact they have on the players, but maybe what they bring as a guru will compensate for anything they lack as a "leader of men" compared to Wilks. 

whoever it is, though...i don't want a 7 year contract offered to them. 5 years max. 3 years ideal.

They are both able to lead and build from there background. My problem with Wilks is my problem with Rhule. While Wilks is a better leader, he's not a guru in any field. I would be willing to take a shot if we can't reel in better talent. Also and no, no coach deserves 7 years unless they have won us a SB. 

15 hours ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

The team is still losing and figuring out ways to lose. I’ll pass unless wilks gets us to 7 plus wins. 

2-6 at the moment.  1-2 under wilks. Still kinda like old ways. 

Oh come on

The team weve seen the last 2 weeks has been far more entertaining than the team that started this season

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, Snake said:

They are both able to lead and build from there background. My problem with Wilks is my problem with Rhule. While Wilks is a better leader, he's not a guru in any field. I would be willing to take a shot if we can't reel in better talent. Also and no, no coach deserves 7 years unless they have won us a SB. 

Wilks straight up went to McAdoo and told him him what BS wasn't working, 3 weeks later the offense looks NFL caliber. Not a giant leap but Wilks has owned the fact that he has gone into every position meeting room and giving his perspective. Rhule just hired/fired/benched/unbenched every possible move while micromanaging the social media team to try to get people to stop booing him. Rhule was not able to lead and knew nothing about football. Wilks is an incredible leader and at least has a defensive concept that is helpful to bounce off the OC

Many assholes on the front page of this thread. This franchise was very successful by NFL standards before the Rhule/Tepper mess. Yes there were bad years but two Super Bowls and 4 NFC championship games to go with 8 playoff appearances is good. I don’t know what y’all are expecting pre-2018 other than a super bowl but we have been right at the doorstep. 

Edited by BIGH2001