• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lamar Jackson

DaveThePanther2008

Just now, Aussie Tank said:

It’s probably gonna take a lot more than Watsons trade. If we traded Burns we probably would have had enough ammo to have a shot but probably not now 

Gotta know the rules. If Baltimore tags him, we can offer him a contract and if he accepts than Baltimore either has to match it or we give up only 2 first for him.  That's what makes it a good deal.  We don't have to give up more than 2 first.  Watson was under contract Jackson won't be. 

It's been that way for years. 

• Pie 4

15 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Gotta know the rules. If Baltimore tags him, we can offer him a contract and if he accepts than Baltimore either has to match it or we give up only 2 first for him.  That's what makes it a good deal.  We don't have to give up more than 2 first.  Watson was under contract Jackson won't be. 

It's been that way for years. 

But what if they use the Exclusive franchise tender?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Watching the game, the other night they mentioned Jackson wanted a fully guaranteed contract.

Jackson said he wanted to remain a Raven, but Baltimore is flinching at a fully guaranteed contract.

So, they Tag him this offseason.   Do you bite?  Do you trade 2 firsts for him and fully guarantee his contract or PASS?

I’d trade in a heart beat. Lamar is an elite player, a great leader and a great human being. Tepper wanted Watson so bad, he should take the same approach and more to get Lamar. 

• Pie 1

No thank you. I do not want to see a HC make this kind of trade in year 1. Maybe in year 2, hopefully not, but all I want to see this year is a great draft and those players getting coached up.

I also don't agree with the fully guaranteed contracts in a cap system. It is just a dumb thing to do. The Ravens are smart to bail if it comes to that. A mega trade deal and then mega contract is not something I want to see us on the buying end of anytime soon.

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 1

4 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Watching the game, the other night they mentioned Jackson wanted a fully guaranteed contract.

Jackson said he wanted to remain a Raven, but Baltimore is flinching at a fully guaranteed contract.

So, they Tag him this offseason.   Do you bite?  Do you trade 2 firsts for him and fully guarantee his contract or PASS?

Sure, we do this, then we have to sign him to something like a 45 million dollar a year deal.  Then we have to turn around and sign Burns to something like a 25 million dollar a year deal.  Then all of a sudden we have 70 million dollars a year tied up in 2 players.  What could go wrong?!

• Pie 2