• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PJ has sprain. Baker to start.

ChuckWag78

I call BS. Wilks wanted to change after Cinci but didn’t want to distract the team  by trying to get Baker reps on a short week.

Anyways here is Baker’s stats against the Ravens.

3-5 overall

177/303 2,221 yards 13 TD 9INTs

22 attempts 72 yards 1 TD

Not too impressive or depressive in 4 years. 

Edited by Cdparr7
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 2

I would also rather start Sam. Honestly I think he is the better QB and with a good oline and running game I think he could thrive. 

With us, out of the top 3 in the draft, our best solution STILL is that Sam or Baker put it together and become a legit starter. 

If one of them does become that, than our top 8 pick suddenly becomes a lot more interesting. 

• Pie 4

For those worried about the future pick for Baker, I believe we are past the point where the higher pick would kick in. This is NFL Week 11 that we are heading into, and Baker only played the first 5 weeks. So with 7 games left even if he starts I don't believe he qualifies, I saw a breakdown that went into detail somewhere, but even still if he could the team would sit him if needed towards the end of the year. 

I'd anticipate a Sam Darnold start or two in the final weeks with the guise of ''to see what we have''. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

I would also rather start Sam. Honestly I think he is the better QB and with a good oline and running game I think he could thrive. 

With us, out of the top 3 in the draft, our best solution STILL is that Sam or Baker put it together and become a legit starter. 

If one of them does become that, than our top 8 pick suddenly becomes a lot more interesting. 

Nah.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1