• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold Time

Jackie Lee

If someone told you at the start of last season Darnold would be our starting QB come December 2022, you'd probably think, "well hey, sounds like he just needed a new team" and not this lol

The sequence has, no joke, been:

Darnold to PJ to Cam 2.0 to PJ again, Cam again, Baker Mayfield, oh, and then PJ again, and then Baker again, and then..back to Darnold.  I'm dizzy.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I honestly think he’ll do ok. Broncos have a solid defense but our OL is infinitely better than when Darnold was starting last year and Darnold’s problem is getting skittish under pressure. When he has time he’s a decent QB

It's actually the opposite. Sam was one of the worst QBs in the league when he was not under pressure. He just happened to be even worse when he was under pressure. 

• Pie 1
  • The D 1

6 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Because the Jets gave up on him for Zach Wilson, who is actually worse. It's just interesting timing for Wilson to probably get benched and for Sam to come off the bench, media will probably make note of it, ask about it

The Jets are hosting Fields this weekend

No one gives a f*ck about Sam

• Pie 3

10 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Because the Jets are back where they were when he was there... They traded him and drafted another QB who is arguably playing worse than Darnold did when he was there.

Lol still not sure how that motivates him to play better though.  Darnold got benched here for a broken Cam Newton, couldn't beat out trash Baker Mayfield, and will probably get benched again for PJ Walker.  

Hell if anything Darnold got even worse leaving the Jets.  So really he has no reason to be paying attention to Wilson/Jets.  And I doubt he is anyway, it has no relevance to him.

Panthers since 2018...

Cam Newton -> Kyle Allen -> Taylor Heinicke -> Cam Newton -> Kyle Allen -> Will Grier -> Teddy Bridgewater -> PJ Walker -> Teddy Bridgewater -> Sam Darnold -> PJ Walker -> Cam Newton -> Sam Darnold -> Baker Mayfield -> PJ Walker -> Baker Mayfield -> Sam Darnold 

Darnold has taken over the starting job 3 times in 2 seasons.

WE SUCK

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

47 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

I would’ve been curious to see Sam behind a competent OL but Sam seemed to be worse last season whenever he had more time 

More time equals more time to think which for Sam does not lead to good things 

You may have hit on something. It would be great to see the Panthers have a hurry up type game plan installed for him Sunday.

19 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I honestly think he’ll do ok. Broncos have a solid defense but our OL is infinitely better than when Darnold was starting last year and Darnold’s problem is getting skittish under pressure. When he has time he’s a decent QB

Darnold was one of the worst QBs when NOT under pressure last year. 
O-line will do nothing. Darnold will be Darnold. I guarantee he will throw a few picks.