• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule: “I wish I never took the job”

CashNewton22

22 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

More...

I'm...just... wow 🤢

What does he think he's gaining from this little media tour? Judging by their future WR1 de-committing you gotta think some parents are hearing this guy, looking back at his track record of bailing on Temple and Baylor and saying hell nah. I don't think any kid on offense is going to look forward to Satterfield as their OC either, that'll change some minds after how much he was loathed at SC

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

33 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Further quote via Ellis...

So now the story is he didn't even have final say.

Good grief, this guy is full of sh-t 😖

But he also said:

If you told me, ‘Hey we’ve got two years (to win),’” Rhule said, “then we’re going to do things in two years. If you tell me, ‘Hey, I want this to be built for the long haul over four or five years, then we’re going to build slowly through the draft and we’re going to make good financial decisions.’ And you know, if it’s, ‘Hey, you have to win this year,’ you probably don’t let Stephon Gilmore and Haason Reddick go.’ ... If you’re going to try to win in two years, you’d probably have a big blockbuster trade, you’d probably trade up in the draft, you probably would have paid some high-priced free agent.”

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article269466287.html#storylink=cpy

FOWLER-

(Technically, as Rhule said in a 2021 press conference, he did have final say over personnel decisions).

I referenced that 2021 article earlier.

Contradicts himself when convenient and thinks no one will notice.

• Beer 4

Just now, ladypanther said:

But he also said:

If you told me, ‘Hey we’ve got two years (to win),’” Rhule said, “then we’re going to do things in two years. If you tell me, ‘Hey, I want this to be built for the long haul over four or five years, then we’re going to build slowly through the draft and we’re going to make good financial decisions.’ And you know, if it’s, ‘Hey, you have to win this year,’ you probably don’t let Stephon Gilmore and Haason Reddick go.’ ... If you’re going to try to win in two years, you’d probably have a big blockbuster trade, you’d probably trade up in the draft, you probably would have paid some high-priced free agent.”

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article269466287.html#storylink=cpy

FOWLER-

(Technically, as Rhule said in a 2021 press conference, he did have final say over personnel decisions).

I referenced that 2021 article earlier.

Contradicts himself when convenient and thinks no one will notice.

Pretty much. And again, as others have said, narcissistic behavior.

29 minutes ago, MtnJax said:

@ellisis THRIVING on Twitter right now as Rhule keeps opening his mouth lol

I think some of it is because he's sat on stuff in the past out of attempts to be fair.

Obviously, the time for that has passed.

• Beer 3

Yeah, I've generally been pretty respectful of our coaches when it is time for them to go even when they started to do terribly. I WAS trying to be respectful of Rhule but seriously if he can't take ever a slight bit of responsibility to his own failings and want to blame others then screw that. Tripping all over himself to try and push the blame on anybody but himself. The facts are, HE was the one in the beginning that ultimately had say in our drafting until he was put under a limit, HE was the one that wanted to bring in all his unexperienced buddies and pretty much NO NFL coaching experience until he was basically forced to change, He was the one who was always consistently starting inferior players that he had a hard on for while better players were forced to sit on the bench and wait until injury to play. He also wants to claim he didn't throw anybody under the bus but, Hell, how he treated Cam is a prime example of that being a lie.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 4

16 hours ago, mav1234 said:

I hated that decision too, but I also understand why Tepper wanted to see if the Third Year Leap was real. He kept his hands off the team and waited. I also wonder who he was consulting in that decision. 

There's a lot of unknowns about it all and I hope Tepper learned something from it, but not so sure.

There was never any Third Year Leap - his teams always continued on whatever track they were on from year 1 to 2, and the biggest gains in wins occurred, between years 1 and 2. This is what's so baffling, if not infuriating, about Rhule - that these totally and easily proven false narrative got so much traction. It's all right there in the open but gets ignored.

Edited by KSpan

18 hours ago, MechaZain said:

Cam knew.

Cam nailed it. right on the frikkin head.

they hadn't bought in, but it wasn't the fault of the players. the problem was there was nothing of substance to buy into. all he was selling was platitudes and pews at the church of rhule.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3