• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Happy for Baker?

NAS

3 minutes ago, Dunn said:

Panthers have a good chance of winning 4 of the next 5...so I'd rather focus on that then worry about people saying we are a dumpster fire when everything has changed over the last few months.

Based on what?  Hope?

The Seahawks and the Lions are teams we don't match up to well.  Yes, those teams have leaky defenses, but they score.  A lot.  

The Bucs and Saints are divisional games, away from home.  One of them is against Brady, who isn't "excellent" this year, but he's still Tom Brady.

Leaving . . . the Steelers.  Those guys own us historically (we're 1-6 vs Pittsburgh).  Pickett is starting to figure it out.

Whether you're a tank proponent or not, the fact is we are a bad team.  We are far more likely to lose 4 of 5 than win that many.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Shotgun said:

But it is the GMs responsibility to put the right coaches in place...Fitts has failed miserably at that task. Keeping him is a sign that nothing will change. 

Which coach did Fitts have a say in?

Rhule and Co. were already in place when he was hired.

Tepper fired Rhule and promoted Wilks.

Wilks fired Snow and promoted Holcomb.

Where are the GMs fingerprints?

• Pie 2

Sure, I'm happy for him. No hard feelings from me.

It just underscores what an awful organization we've become. Who would've known that we would ultimately look back on the sporadic successes of the JR era as the good old days? Who would've known that when Tepper said the days of mediocrity we're over that he actually meant that we would soon long for the days of that mediocrity?

• Pie 3

It’s a fun story for a Thursday night game, particularly with the historically short turn around.

That said, Baker threw a game ending pick called back due to a senseless PI. Maybe it doesn’t get picked without the penalty but it’s likely at least deflected and goes to 4th and long. 

Then, he takes a 15 yard sack that should have kept the clock running at a 1 minute. Instead, Raiders linemen knocks the ball out of Baker’s hands giving Baker those yards back, a clock stoppage and fresh set of downs. 

I thought there was even a third, 5 yard penalty that gave the rams a new set of downs due to yardage after that but can’t recall the specifics. 

But for the Raiders discipline melting down, Baker’s performance this game would have felt very familiar. 

4 hours ago, uncfan888 said:

I'm nothing towards baker. He's still a shitty qb that wouldn't be here next year. But hopefully this shows them that mcadoo is complete ass and we'll get a real offensive mind in here for next season

Well he’s only been bad here and good everywhere else so….