• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If a player stinks on one team, but is good on another, what does that mean ?

Day1PanthersFan

I think it means the organization is different.  There are several ways this can happen.  The player might be trying harder because he was a failure at the other organization.

the new manager, coaches will be different.  Plays will be different. They might recognize the players “Strengths and Weaknesses “ better.

regarding Mayfield,  I think his stress level changed.  He may have been more worried about losing his job, than just playing to the best of his ability.  He started slow with the Rams.  However, he had little to lose, a lot to gain.  I think he played to the best of his ability, rather than to not lose his job.

laziness is the worst enemy to humans.

On 12/9/2022 at 1:03 PM, Day1PanthersFan said:

Players stinking up the field here, but going to more stable franchises and winning games proves there is something broken at an organizational level within the Panthers , just like the success stories we used to have with players from bad franchises

Keeping your head in the sand and banning anybody that mentions it won't change that 

Let's be honest, the previous Panthers teams have not been very good and that has to reflect on  some players not getting the chance to showcase their talent until they go to a better team.

Baker was the same QB he was against the Ravens with the Panthers.

The difference is he had WRs who were where they needed to be, created separation, were not afraid to battle for the ball, and had the hands to make the contested catch. Also, Baker did not have to worry about his OT getting consistently beat on pass rushing downs.

Some of you don't realize how much Moore, Anderson, Smith, Moton, and Ekwonu have hurt this team in GWD situations with mental errors, pass blocking, running the correct route, getting separation, and competing for a contested catch.

The Panthers have been positioned for GWD against the Browns, Giants, Cardinals, Falcons, and Ravens. Baker was starting at QB for all but the Falcons.

The Panthers are 0-5 in GWD opportunities this season. A QB always takes responsibility in these situations if their final drive in a one score game results in anything but a score since the QB has to be responsible for bailing out a team that has failed to control the game. Outside of the QB, you look at the catalyst that led to these losses in the 4th quarter. Burns, Brown, Moore, Anderson, Pineiro, Ekwonu, Moton, Smith, Thomas, and Hartsfield were all costly for the Panthers in these GWD situations. Burns, Moore, Smith, Ekwonu, and Moton were the catalyst for these failed situations.

Baker is expected to produce 18% GWD. He is currently at 16.7% GWD for the season with the drive against the Rams. Do not be surprised if he has another GWD before the end of the season if the Rams continue to struggle in their next 4 games.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 2

1 hour ago, CPantherKing said:

Baker was the same QB he was against the Ravens with the Panthers.

The difference is he had WRs who were where they needed to be, created separation, were not afraid to battle for the ball, and had the hands to make the contested catch. Also, Baker did not have to worry about his OT getting consistently beat on pass rushing downs.

Some of you don't realize how much Moore, Anderson, Smith, Moton, and Ekwonu have hurt this team in GWD situations with mental errors, pass blocking, running the correct route, getting separation, and competing for a contested catch.

The Panthers have been positioned for GWD against the Browns, Giants, Cardinals, Falcons, and Ravens. Baker was starting at QB for all but the Falcons.

The Panthers are 0-5 in GWD opportunities this season. A QB always takes responsibility in these situations if their final drive in a one score game results in anything but a score since the QB has to be responsible for bailing out a team that has failed to control the game. Outside of the QB, you look at the catalyst that led to these losses in the 4th quarter. Burns, Brown, Moore, Anderson, Pineiro, Ekwonu, Moton, Smith, Thomas, and Hartsfield were all costly for the Panthers in these GWD situations. Burns, Moore, Smith, Ekwonu, and Moton were the catalyst for these failed situations.

Baker is expected to produce 18% GWD. He is currently at 16.7% GWD for the season with the drive against the Rams. Do not be surprised if he has another GWD before the end of the season if the Rams continue to struggle in their next 4 games.

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

• Pie 2

On 12/9/2022 at 1:19 PM, TheMaulClaw said:

I think the answer here is simple.  It's scheme.  Look at Frankie Luuvu.  That guy is flourishing here, but was just a special teamer every where else.  I think all franchises have situations like this happen.  D'onta Foreman has been one of the best running backs in the league since he's gotten the burn.  He has out performed CMC in this offense this season.  CMC goes to San Fran and looks great again.  Then again CMC went to go play for a honorary family member.  Talk about a nepotistic situation.  poo is just weird like that sometimes.

Perfect proof that it is coaching

Foreman wasn't used by Rhule; CMC was used wrong.

Foreman excelling and CMC has good chance to break 2000 yards in total offense.

McAdoo and Rhule would screw up Mahomes

On 12/9/2022 at 1:03 PM, Day1PanthersFan said:

Players stinking up the field here, but going to more stable franchises and winning games proves there is something broken at an organizational level within the Panthers , just like the success stories we used to have with players from bad franchises

Keeping your head in the sand and banning anybody that mentions it won't change that 

If there was ever a post I regret, it would be this one, what at ignorant over reaction by me , what Baker did with the rams was spectacular, but that doesn't mean he just didn't fit here, maybe he played lousy on purpose cause he didn't want to be here, who knows but this post shouldn't have been made 

I apologize to the Huddlers for this post and wish I could delete it, Go Panthers , 4 Life!!!!

On 12/11/2022 at 3:19 AM, Green-Ghost said:

I think it means the organization is different.  There are several ways this can happen.  The player might be trying harder because he was a failure at the other organization.

the new manager, coaches will be different.  Plays will be different. They might recognize the players “Strengths and Weaknesses “ better.

regarding Mayfield,  I think his stress level changed.  He may have been more worried about losing his job, than just playing to the best of his ability.  He started slow with the Rams.  However, he had little to lose, a lot to gain.  I think he played to the best of his ability, rather than to not lose his job.

laziness is the worst enemy to humans.

No, he threw up 40/60 ball in favor of the defense and wr fought and caught it.  Unlike wrs here.

• Pie 1