• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If you are GM of the team…do you re sign Foreman to a long term deal?

WarPanthers89

He is making 2 million this year. The average for good running backs is closer to 6 or 7 a year.  He has been good to very good this year. I would give him a 3 year deal for 15 million. Give him a 6 million signing bonus with a cap hit of around 3 million for 2023. If you don't guarantee much you aren't on the hook for much dead cap money. 

• Pie 1

41 minutes ago, stbugs said:

$5M a year? No effin way.

Hes making 2 mil this year on a "prove it" deal. 

5M AAV would put him at 18th in the league at the position right between Cordarell Paterson and Gus Edwards. 

Obviously I'd love to get him cheaper - thats why i said its the max id do. That being said 5M isn't some crazy outlandish number for a good, not great RB.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, stbugs said:

That’s too much IMHO. Chubba is $1M a year. Blackshear is a bit lower than that. Even a 2nd round pick is more like $2M a year. As this OL gels, I’d love to see a solid rookie RB. Not our early two picks as a QB and a WR/TE would be nice. Maybe a WR with the 2024 first, but a day 2 RB would be cheaper and should be more talented. 

Chuba if only that cheap because he is on a rookie contract. 3 million per year for 2 years for a solid running back is nothing.

Honestly, I feel bad for foreman because he's been stuck behind really good running backs for most of his career. I think he is an above average power RB that seems to be able to stay durable 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, stbugs said:

I don’t get the 2 years $6M. He’s not good enough to do anything against good run Ds. I don’t want him paid like he’s the starter. I’d rather stick with a draft pick and hit on a cheaper guy and roll any extra $$$ into a more premium spot FA. 

You say that, but he's the guy with the power running style to be hit one yard in the backfield and still get a 4-yard gain out of it.

I hear what you are saying that he is not a receiving back, but that's why you get a receiving back to split reps with. Unfortunately we don't have a running back like that right now, unless blackshear can do that

And 2 yr/ 6 mill is chump change toward the cap. Even more so if you fill it with incentives and don't make it guaranteed

• Pie 1

Two years, $6 million with incentives for over 1,000 yards and more than 10 TDs. Hit those numbers and he really deserves to make average veteran starting RB salary.

See, here's the deal. He could be that guy for us. He's showing that he can be the punishing running back the team needs if we want to keep this identity. What he hasn't shown, though, is an entire season's work, so we need to pay him with that in mind. 

Still, let's let the next four games play out and see what we and he can do. The situation might become more clear as we go. If we plan on going into next season with him as our starting RB, then we owe the man the respect and pay that goes along with that. Stingy with the pay often ends up with lackluster play.

i like him and would like for him to be around for a couple years, but don't overvalue or overpay the position...not anymore. 

offer maybe 2.5/mil a year for 2 years, at most $3mil. he's getting paid $2mil for this year. for what he brings i think he deserves that and a bit more...but the truth is we can replace him for not much. 

to be honest, i'm more interested in bringing back and locking up Shenault than Foreman.

11 hours ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

No... His style of running back is not very hard to find. Something like a 2-year, 6 million $ contact I would be ok with. Not sure I would go longer than that and not sure I would go much higher in $ than that

That's exactly what I was thinking.  He's a proven commodity running the ball, but his pass protection issues (showed up Sunday) are going to be an issue when the real games are on the line.

I really like watching him hammer a defense, but let's not go crazy there.