• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If you are GM of the team…do you re sign Foreman to a long term deal?

WarPanthers89

What say ye fellow Huddle make believe GM’s? Say another team offers Foreman a long term deal this offseason… Do you match a long term deal (say 3 years) for good money, or do you let him walk? I say Bozeman is priority 1 to re sign, then you have to decide if it’s worth spending money on Foreman.

When Darin Gantt was ask if we will re sign Foreman, this was his response:

“Foreman was genuinely wondering if he was ready to retire and get on with his life's work at a certain point, as injuries kept him from ever establishing himself his first three seasons.

But in the last two seasons, he's shown that if you need to replace an All-Pro running back in midseason, he's your guy.

The job he did last year replacing Henry in Tennessee, followed by his jumping in and becoming a bell-cow back after the McCaffrey trade this year, has been impressive.

He's a free agent this offseason, one of the few non-quarterback free agents the Panthers have. He's earned the right to see what the market bears for him, but I could see keeping him around if the price is right. He's a physical back, and I think because of the beatings he administers (and receives), you'd probably be wise to keep him in tandem with another back or two (like Chuba Hubbard and Raheem Blackshear).

He's a big Newton's second law of motion guy (Isaac, not Cam). If force equals mass times acceleration, having 235 pounds of faster-than-he-looks Foreman behind a literal ton of offensive linemen (when they go with seven or eight on the field at a time) sounds like quite a problem for other people to solve.”

https://www.panthers.com/news/ask-the-old-guy-hope-for-the-holidays

450AD203-3765-4003-8B16-AB0714FB39CE.jpeg

Edited by WarPanthers89
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, panfanman said:

No.  RB's have become almost an easy plug and play.  No to long term deals for them because their shelve life is way to short.

I don’t know if he would get a huge deal, but It will be interesting to see. I would love to have him back as he has been a bright spot, but it’s not a good idea to spend a lot on that position.

even tho 70% of the huddle wanted to cut chubba, he had his best game of his career......

To answer the question, i need to know who is the 2023 OC.

forced answer- whats the $$$$$, but heavily lead to "NO"

fyi look at the 2023 FA RBs.......plus there will be cuts, parents dont let your kids play RB....

AAV between 2.5-4 mill, years 2-3. That's closer to going rate. Same as a higher end rookie.

Personally if it goes over 3 mill per, think about passing and going with another rookie. Thankfully, the mid tier RB market isnt the crazy QB market. QB market: low end starter can get 20mill AAV.....

• Pie 1

We can get him for a fraction of the cost of CMC for 2 to 3 years. The Market will be saturated with RBs this offseason so there is no reason to break the bank. Plus, we no longer have Hurney so we don't have a GM willing to overpay a replaceable position any longer.

Let him test the market and give him a fair market deal (it won't be ludicrous).

I'd love to have him back.

• Pie 6