• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If you are GM of the team…do you re sign Foreman to a long term deal?

WarPanthers89

The Steelers game is a good demonstration of why you don't sign Foreman to a generous extension. He's a solid and reliable option, especially when your team has the mismatch at the line of scrimmage. But he doesn't have any truly elite traits to elevate the offense when they're up against a good defense. Sure a lot of running backs wouldn't have been successful against this Steelers front. But why spend significant resources on a position where there's an abundance of serviceable talent unless you're counting on them making a difference in situations like these. 

Foreman at most probably warrants something like a 2 year $5.5 million deal; I'd feel better if it was about $4 million but I'm not going to grumble over a million or so. But more than that is money best spent elsewhere.

• Pie 1

I love our three-headed monster right now. All bring a different dimension and keeps them each fresh for 4 quarters. Also very young overall. 

I'd love to re-sign Foreman to a team-friendly 2 or 3 yr deal. I also believe that we can find a gem in rounds 2 or 3 of the draft and/or free agency.

TLDR; Foreman is ideal, don't want to overpay another RB though.