• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Geno showing love for Wilks

Smithers

2 minutes ago, Smithers said:

To be fair, Wilson wasn’t good in Seattle.  I have family that lives there and are die hard Hawks fans.  They were happy to see him traded.  He was the luckiest QB on the planet. 

Because of his desire to improvise instead of following the gameplan.

Like I'm not saying Geno is bad, he's obviously playing well, but to act like he could do that anywhere and not in an offense that has most of its pieces in place is...a stretch. 

• Beer 1

I like Geno, especially as a WVU fan, and he is undoubtedly having a great year, but like many others have said, it seems obvious Pete Carroll and his offensive scheme have elevated him and not the other way around.

If McAdoo somehow stays I guess it would be possible, but beyond the fact I think Seattle keeps him even if under the franchise tag, I think he would be Teddy 2.0 here.

It is nice to see how respected Wilks is around the league. 

I don't ever remember opposing players telling Rhule something like that post-game.

6 minutes ago, Rags said:

Because of his desire to improvise instead of following the gameplan.

Like I'm not saying Geno is bad, he's obviously playing well, but to act like he could do that anywhere and not in an offense that has most of its pieces in place is...a stretch. 

I agree 100%.  I’m not advocating for Geno at all.  Just loved the fact that he was was giving respect to our interim coach after a defeat.  Don’t see that much.  

• Pie 5

Just now, Seltzer said:

I like Geno, especially as a WVU fan, and he is undoubtedly having a great year, but like many others have said, it seems obvious Pete Carroll and his offensive scheme have elevated him and not the other way around.

If McAdoo somehow stays I guess it would be possible, but beyond the fact I think Seattle keeps him even if under the franchise tag, I think he would be Teddy 2.0 here.

I don't ever remember opposing players telling Rhule something like that post-game.

Yeah I love seeing that.  Makes you wonder if others around the league feel the same way and if he would attract free agents 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Seltzer said:

Matt Rhule? Respect? He's a fat loser and everyone knows it. 

• Pie 1
  • The D 1

Sure, if we can get Geno on like a 2 year deal for like 15-20 mill a year, I'd take it while we find our next QB in hopefully next year's draft.

Honestly, I think Geno has played really well this year. Yes, he had 2 pics yesterday - but 1 was on a (what i thought was offsides) that Geno also thought was offsides and forced a throw thinking it was a free play. The other 1 was just a really great play by Horn (and Horn almost had another 1 on a very good play).

I don't think his throws were terrible and keep in mind that he was playing without his top 2 RBs - this is a QB who is at his best off playaction passing.

I don't think Seattle lets him go.  They will sign him to a short term, lucrative deal, and look for a high talent developmental QB later in the draft to develop.  They are a fun watch, and he's a great story.  I don't think there's that easy of an upgrade for Seattle over Geno.

• Beer 1

23 minutes ago, d-dave said:

I don't think Seattle lets him go.  They will sign him to a short term, lucrative deal, and look for a high talent developmental QB later in the draft to develop.  They are a fun watch, and he's a great story.  I don't think there's that easy of an upgrade for Seattle over Geno.

Yup.  Try to get him on a 2 or 3 year deal, all guaranteed would be my guess...and he'll prolly sign it.

11 hours ago, GOAT said:

why do we have to do both?

we SHOULD draft a first round QB, it's time - but we do have Corral who should still get a fair look and I'm sure we'll bring Darnold back on a one year team friendly deal depending on how he plays the rest of the season and if Wilkes is HC. 

Otherwise, yeah - our new HC will want a free agent journeyman to be in the QB room with our rookie QB.

I think you guys are in violent agreement. 

We have one QB who, for all intents and purposes, has not stepped foot on an NFL field.  We definitely should be drafting one and looking for a FA journeyman to give us somebody that knows which end of a football points forward until Corral or the draft pick are ready......if they are.  That means the FA could be an "old guy."

What we don't need is a FA savior, unless they are truly a savior.  And then they will probably cost too much to be available to us. 

I'm hoping the days of panning for gold and coming up with pyrite left the building with The Process.

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

I think you guys are in violent agreement. 

We have one QB who, for all intents and purposes, has not stepped foot on an NFL field.  We definitely should be drafting one and looking for a FA journeyman to give us somebody that knows which end of a football points forward until Corral or the draft pick are ready......if they are.  That means the FA could be an "old guy."

What we don't need is a FA savior, unless they are truly a savior.  And then they will probably cost too much to be available to us. 

I'm hoping the days of panning for gold and coming up with pyrite left the building with The Process.

Yea mentioned it in the Boze thread....a Cousins type QB could push this team into the playoffs pretty quickly.

I'm all for drafting one, bringing in a vet (even if it has to be Darnold on the cheap), and continuing to develop Corral if the new staff thinks there is anything there.

• Beer 1