• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brock Purdy and why we don't need to draft a 1st round QB

kungfoodude

If SF do well in the playoffs, there will be a million. Also I was very intrigued when I saw the thread title and saw that you were the author, as you're not one to get caught up in the Huddle's prevailing winds of the hour. But when I opened it, it made more sense lol.

Edited by travisura
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

I can't believe so many posters are AGAINST drafting a 1st round QB.  QB has been an issue for a while now and we can't just count on mid/late round diamonds or converting someone else's outcasts.  We aren't smarter than all the other teams in the league.  Just draft one we like and try to actually develop him.  We have solid OL now which is a nice first step.  

Dude, everybody knows the last pick in the draft is the best spot to get a QB! 

• Pie 3
  • Flames 4

The two teams playing last night are great examples of what a mediocre QB can do on a team with a strong running game, good OL, and good defense.

Wilson had these things in Seattle--moves to Denver, "Let's ride!" referring to the rail out of town.

Geno Smith comes in and succeeds.  Comeback player of the year.

In SF, Garrapolo is a good QB.  Good OL, defense, Running game.  He gets hurt, Purty is a good to decent QB.

• Pie 4

5 minutes ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

A QB who was drafted late/undrafted and plays well does not disprove that drafting a QB in round one gives you a higher probability of success.  At least to rational minded folk. 

Shannonhan has worked with the following qbs:

RG3

Cousins

Matt Ryan

jimmy G

matt schuab

Johnny manziel

Purdy

Nick mullens

with the exception of johnny (who was forced on him) I would say he knows what the fug he is doing in developing qbs

• Pie 2