• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lmao.... Panthers still control their own destiny....

Zod

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Now Wilks has us back to being the same kind of organization we were under Fox, Rivera, et al.

Which is why he has to go, and he will eventually. We may all be a couple of years (or three) closer to a dirt nap, but I don't see Wilks getting us up into that top echelon of teams. And I certainly don't see McAdoo doing it. I'm kinda skeptical as to whether Fitt can do it, but I'm nowhere near totally soured on him. I know some of you have soured on Tepper, but I don't think that it's productive, and I'm not going to waste useless energy wishing that we had another owner. I hope that he figures it out or just gets lucky. I think that he means well, and I reject the notion that he's akin to Jerry Jones or Dan Schneider. 

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, Jaxel said:

Heck yeah, im still all in. Make the playoffs, get that culture going and then do what you need to do to get Anthony Richardson or Will Levis ( assuming CJ or Bryce don't have a justin fields like fall.)

I think one of them falls down a few spots. Huston will take one of them and the other will fall a bit, maybe out of the top 10 unless someone trades up for them. I just have this weird feeling about those 2.

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

We still have a decent chance of falling ass backwards into the playoffs if Tampa can't get its crap together. 

Well if they lose their next game (against the Cardinals? doubt it) and we lose our next game (against the Lions? Probably), it will be them against us (us, meaning the Panthers) where SOMEONE has to win.    lol

But I think after next weekend, this whole thing will be put to bed once and for all.

2 hours ago, Castavar said:

Just...........................................No. I know people (I gotta admit, I got suckered into it too) wanted to win a bad division just for the sake of getting to the playoffs, but I'm back on the tank. I hope people know that if we win the division, Wilks is most likely here for another two years, which means another 2 years of uninspiring mediocre football. Wilks is not the guy to get us to the superbowl. He's the guy to get your team back to mediocrity.

Bad take.  While Wilks may or may not be successful.  Right now he is raising another mans kids on the football field. Got zero input over coordinators and personnel when it came to putting this team together.  Had his best player traded.  Whether you want that man to be the coach or not put some respect on his name and be fair minded.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Right now I'd say it's back to the future.

We've generally been, even in the low years, a group that could beat bad teams but wasn't good enough to hang with the better ones.

Under Rhule, we descended to a team that could only beat the worst of the worst or occasionally get lucky.

Now Wilks has us back to being the same kind of organization we were under Fox, Rivera, et al.

Still hoping for better somewhere down the road...

This is why I’m perfectly fine with casting a wide net for our next head coach. I like Wilks but I really can’t see him coaching the Panthers beyond the mediocrity and inconsistency that has plagued this team for most of its existence. 

Edited by Prowler2k18

There’s a scenario where we clinch the division against the Bucs on New Years day and have nothing to play for in New Orleans. 

Here is that scenario

Falcons lose at Ravens

Saints lose at Browns

Panthers beat Lions

Bucs lose at Cardinals

if those four things happen this week a panthers win vs the Bucs gives the panthers the division and an essential bye week in week 18 against the Saints. 

• Beer 1

After seeing how the Steelers, in by far their worst year under Tomlin, with their shittiest roster he has had to field, came in to our house and straight up punked our ass, does anyone actually think we could rebound against the Lions? Lol. And 

Then win two divisional games on top of that? Yes, our division sucks ass, but throw out the projections when you're playing divisional games, none of the analytics matter... I honestly think the Lions will snuff out any remaining hope for us this weekend.  If the Steelers seemed overwhelming from a physicality standpoint, then the Lions are going to seem straight up criminal lol.

2 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

Well if they lose their next game (against the Cardinals? doubt it) and we lose our next game (against the Lions? Probably), it will be them against us (us, meaning the Panthers) where SOMEONE has to win.    lol

But I think after next weekend, this whole thing will be put to bed once and for all.

weather is going to be very cold on saturday that will slow down the lions high powered offense and give us a chance to pound them with the running game which there d is not good.