• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The “Maybe Not So Obvious” Elephant in the Room

WarHeel

1 minute ago, Gerry Green said:

Which is what I said. Selling tickets is not a "This year problem", it has been going on for literally years.

Why else would the "Wine and Cheese Crowd" slogan ever been born? Because Panther fans have been selling their seats for decades.

google sam cassell wine and cheese and you will have the correct answer

• Pie 2

35 minutes ago, NJPanthers12 said:

Lol so stupid. I mean beyond stupid.

Let’s bash fans for not wasting their Sunday watching a garbage product. Let’s bash fans for not supporting and wasting their hard earned money on an owner who has gone out of his way to prove his incompetence every step of the way.

it’s also hilarious the person calling everyone out is the one who themselves are not at the game. Oh yeah, please tell me again where Stub Hub and Ticketmaster put in the checkout where you are required to put what team you are supporting. Spoiler alert, they don’t. These people have no idea who they are selling their tickets to.

im proud of the fan base for saying screw you to this dumb ass of an owner and not supporting mediocrity and supporting a bullshit playoff run. We want and deserve better.

Well Done Reaction GIF

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

They were not going to the games last year with cmac and rhule

we weren't winning.  we weren't winning at home.  hadn't been winning before that.  

If the Carolina Panthers want great fans...their work is part of the equation.   That needs to be upped. 

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

we weren't winning.  we weren't winning at home.  hadn't been winning before that.  

If the Carolina Panthers want great fans...their work is part of the equation.   That needs to be upped. 

I agree 1000% winning cures everything.   Panther/hornet fans for the most part are just like other bases.  Nothing special one way or the other.  Certainly not a "wine and cheese" fanbase.  Richardson did try and neuter the wild fans at the games early on (couldnt be shirtless, would get thrown out for being drunk etc) but for the most part I think that has dissipated. 

The playoff game against Seattle the 2015 season was the most electric atmosphere Ive ever been in and I go to the UNC/dook game at the Smith Center every year

yesterday was an embarrassment 

when you have a mediocre team and you no longer have a larger than life star that people want to see (Cam) you cant blame people for not showing up. Im lucky to live a mile from BOA but just the hour wait in the parking lot trying to get onto Morehead after the game is enough reason why people wouldnt wanna come. Nevermind the mediocre team, expensive tickets and drinks, and obnoxious other fanbases taking over the stadium

1 hour ago, WarHeel said:

This fan base has a knack for throwing just about everyone under the bus at times due to poor performance in game or failure to live up to expectations, from the owner and HC all the way down to the assistant coaching staff to the players. 

While I concur that this franchise seems to bathe in mediocrity,  I have to call the BS as I see it.

I received a text yesterday from a friend of mine who is a Steelers fan who said that the Bank looked like a Pittsburg home game. 

Wilks asked one thing of this fan base heading into our game against Pitt. SHOW UP…

Unfortunately I’m out of market these days as my duty station has me 10 hours from Charlotte so it’s nearly impossible for me to attend games unless I’m visiting family for the holidays.

Which leads me to my thesis. If you are within driving distance from CLT, let alone have season tickets, and are opting to sell them to out of market fans while you sit your fat, mouth breathing ass on your couch, I really don’t want to hear the bitching about the team losing at home. 

If you have the means: Show up. Show out. Support your team. 

The Bank should always be painted Black and Blue. 

Carry on, and Keep Pounding.

I was there. It was pitiful. I'm not exaggerating when I say that it was 3-1 steelers fans AT LEAST. At one point a Pitt player was pumping up the crowd during a 3rd down (for us)! WTF?

• Pie 2

14 minutes ago, PantherBoy95 said:

The team is losing, and has been consistently; we're also in a horrible economy before the holidays.
It will be fine.

Can you elaborate on the “horrible economy before the holidays” part? I’m having trouble connecting this to the amount of Steelers fans in attendance and the fact that panthers attendance has been horrible for decades