• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Mcadoo developing Darnold??

WOW!!

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No. He's running an offense that basically heavily de-emphasizes the QB position. 43 runs vs. 22 passes. Darnold has thrown less than 25 pass attempts in each of his starts in the post-Rhule era. He's doing a good job managing the game with what he's asked to do but the game plan revolves around asking him to do little.

You're right about our offense in general, but this game is actually the first time I think we saw the QB position executed as Wilks would want - although it is not as important as the physical run game, it becomes important to blow the top off defenses etc.

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah and he is a lower end game manager, at that.

Definitely has performed better than I thought he would but that bar was already subterranean.

I don't want to bring his name up, since it's for some reason a sensitive subject for Panthers ?fans?, but could you imagine what prime Cam would have looked like with this offensive line? Oh my god.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

I don't want to bring his name up, since it's for some reason a sensitive subject for Panthers ?fans?, but could you imagine what prime Cam would have looked like with this offensive line? Oh my god.

Honestly this offensive philosophy would have fit Cam perfectly. A monster Oline with a heavy ground attack opening up deep routes down the field for his cannon arm to exploit. He would have been absolutely perfect for what this offense currently is. And he would be unstoppable on 3rd and short behind this line.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Honestly this offensive philosophy would have fit Cam perfectly. A monster Oline with a heavy ground attack opening up deep routes down the field for his cannon arm to exploit. He would have been absolutely perfect for what this offense currently is. And he would be unstoppable on 3rd and short behind this line.

This is what the Patriots tried with cam

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No. He's running an offense that basically heavily de-emphasizes the QB position. 43 runs vs. 22 passes. Darnold has thrown less than 25 pass attempts in each of his starts in the post-Rhule era. He's doing a good job managing the game with what he's asked to do but the game plan revolves around asking him to do little.

Yep when the running game gets stopped we can’t win. 

54 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Simple question..

Didn’t remember nor cared about Sam in NY.. But this is the most competent and confidence wise the best I’ve seen of Sam.. 

It also could be the beard Thoe..

He’s actually playing REALLY well. He’s loving up to his draft position right now. Playing smart, making every throw, making great decisions, zero turnovers. What’s not to like? A beastly run game and offensive line will make a mid QB look like a star. Football is a true team game. And we’re actually good now. Let’s fuging go!

59 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Come on…he averaged 11.4 yards per completion.  I don’t consider that to be a QB being asked to do very little.  He balled out and made enough downfield throws that the Lions couldn’t sell out against the run like the Steelers did.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Come on…he averaged 11.4 yards per completion.  I don’t consider that to be a QB being asked to do very little.  He balled out and made enough downfield throws that the Lions couldn’t sell out against the run like the Steelers did.  

Sam probably played the best game of his NFL career today. No bullshit. Good for him. 

• Pie 3