• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sticking with Piniero was the right choice

TN05

1 hour ago, WUnderhill said:

This dumbass org will probably stick with pineiro over Gonzalez next season and it will bite us in the ass.

I’m actually okay with keeping Piniero over Gonzalez. The latter has finished the last couple of seasons on IR which makes me question his durability going forward. We need consistency in our kicking game.

A kicker can be clutch but lose games by missing kicks in none clutch situations. 

Eddy P is converting over 90% and I’m grateful to have him. He’s contributed to wins, but hasn’t had a sexy game winning walk off kick, and when he had the chance he blew it (twice).

He had a bad game, but the total body of work is great as a whole. 

7 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

I’m actually okay with keeping Piniero over Gonzalez. The latter has finished the last couple of seasons on IR which makes me question his durability going forward. We need consistency in our kicking game.

And the injuries just happened randomly in warmups.  Availability is an important factor.

• Beer 1

If this board did not over-react to a single game's events (good or bad), it would have about ten new threads a week.

I appreciate @TN05 for owning up to it.  Most others just act like they didn't say it or double down and then act like they never said any of it.  I guess they figure if it works for Reps, Senators, and Presidents, it should work for them.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Sgt Schultz said:

If this board did not over-react to a single game's events (good or bad), it would have about ten new threads a week.

I appreciate @TN05 for owning up to it.  Most others just act like they didn't say it or double down and then act like they never said any of it.  I guess they figure if it works for Reps, Senators, and Presidents, it should work for them.

Fans overrate.  It's what we do.  It's why half of this board wants Darnold running the offense next year and the other half wants him out of the league.  The correct answer is usually some where in the middle.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Wilks is not just sticking with guys because there are there, or because they are vets.  Sticking with Piniero looks like a good decision.  Dumping Anderson...also a good decision.  He did not hesitate to cut coaches as well.  Many have called him a Rivera-Foxy clone, but I am seeing something different.

• Pie 2

8 hours ago, TN05 said:

Like most everyone else here, I was calling for Eddy Piniero’s head after the Atlanta game - but sticking with him has been the right choice.

Piniero is now 2nd in the league in both field goals made (31) and field goal accuracy (93.9%) and 7th in field goals attempted (33). Since the Atlanta game, he’s 17/17 in field goals and has made three field goals in each of the the last four games.

Making a kneejerk move based off of a single bad game would have likely led to a downgrade in kicker quality.

Truth is Im still hot about that one game, but you are right and wilks was right too. Eddie has shown he belongs, fuging hate that one game went down. 

2 hours ago, ladypanther said:

Wilks is not just sticking with guys because there are there, or because they are vets.  Sticking with Piniero looks like a good decision.  Dumping Anderson...also a good decision.  He did not hesitate to cut coaches as well.  Many have called him a Rivera-Foxy clone, but I am seeing something different.

Im not a future fan HC wise *but* what hes done is super impressive given this was a staff picked by Matt Rhule.

Traded teams best player CMC

Fired DC Snow and ST asst

Traded Starting #2 WR anderson

Lost starting C Elf

Lost #2 CB Djack

Fired DL coach and another one that i forget their name

Starting QB baker gets hurt for 3ish games

New starting QB is XFL stud PJ Walker

PJ gets hurt, lots of QB roster moves

Baker is back

Baker is Cut

Darnold is back

Horn is injuried

Allllllllllllllllllllllllllll that and Im missing some issues, wilks has gone 5-5. Very impressive. 

Stats on low pressure situations means nothing

He had 2 shots to make short field goals and missed them both, 1 would be understandable, but 2 in less than 15 minutes , are we sure he didn't have money on the Falcins

If I was the coach, he would have been cut before he came off the field in Atlanta 

I will bump this thread when he costs us the playoffs by the way