• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Bucs GameDay Thread!

Zod

It's crazy to think that the Atlanta game came back to kill us here. Obviously some mistakes in this game late with Ickey wiffing on a pass block, Henderson just completely forgetting how to football, and a questionable holding call on special teams, but it was the Atlanta game. It was always going to be because of how dramatic a finish it was.

If we didn't have Rhule in New York and against Cleveland we may have won those games as well. 

I think Darnold can be re-signed and I think we can develop the core of this team now though. To have a game come down to this against playoff form Tom Brady with Darnold throwing for 300+ and 3 touchdowns with little to no running game, secures my belief that we can be a playoff team with Darnold so long as we get some help in weaponry.

You throw a rookie like Levis or Richardson on this team and we are back to winning 4 games while giving up an opportunity for guys like Mayer and Hyatt who have a chance to be real stars in the NFL. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

15 minutes ago, CamTheMan said:

The defensive coordinator calling the exact same play every single play is his first choice at DC and was the guy he brought to Arizona. You’re lying to yourself if you think he’s the guy to turn this team around. I honestly get it though, we’ve seen utter trash for so long that fans are okay with us continuing to suck but with a local guy who at least embraces our culture. Just don’t pretend he actually knows what he’s doing.

Where did you see me say Wilks is the guy to turn the team around?

To his credit, he did a remarkable job given the sh-t sandwich of a situation he was handed. I have a load of respect for him.

But did he earn the full time job?

I'm my opinion, no.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, RevJ said:

Some of us clearly were on record as liking his character but thinking he lacked what was needed to be a top flight Head Coach.  If you saw the decisions made/not made today and feel differently, that's fine.  I thought it was his worst coached game as far as in game decisions and stategy. As many of us have said, grett guy, but basically an equal to slightly lesser version of Rivera but from Charlotte.

This x100.  He proved today that he has no clue on strategy to take a team to the next level.  Can he set culture, sure, but his decisions are terrible when it comes to scheming and adjusting.  This is all on him and he will not be named the full time head coach.  He literally pissed that away with his conservative crap today.  You have nothing to lose by playing to win, yet you play not to lose.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

It's crazy to think that the Atlanta game came back to kill us here. Obviously some mistakes in this game late with Ickey wiffing on a pass block, Henderson just completely forgetting how to football, and a questionable holding call on special teams, but it was the Atlanta game. It was always going to be because of how dramatic a finish it was.

If we didn't have Rhule in New York and against Cleveland we may have won those games as well. 

I think Darnold can be re-signed and I think we can develop the core of this team now though. To have a game come down to this against playoff form Tom Brady with Darnold throwing for 300+ and 3 touchdowns with little to no running game, secures my belief that we can be a playoff team with Darnold so long as we get some help in weaponry.

You throw a rookie like Levis or Richardson on this team and we are back to winning 4 games while giving up an opportunity for guys like Mayer and Hyatt who have a chance to be real stars in the NFL. 

Really well said and I’m in agreement. 

26 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Oh so you all hate Wilks now?!?!

I liked him until today. Lights got too bright and he proved he doesn't have what it takes. This Panthers team is better than that Bucs team and we lost. Too many inexcusable decisions made. I'm happy we played a meaningful football game in January for the first time in forever, but he showed that when it comes down to it, his coaching just wasn't good enough. 

Do I think the team could run it back and win 8 or 9 games next year, sure. But if that's the ceiling, what's the point.

• Pie 2