• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Don’t waste your time being a Panthers fan. Tomorrow is not guaranteed.

hepcat

Sorry for your family’s loss. I think your words are something many of us will look to in the future. I for one had moved away from this team only to be drawn back in over the past 7 weeks. Today I realized, once again, watching this team is a waste of time, so I went for a 3 mile  walk through the woods. Time much better spent for sure. 

Prayers for you and your family. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Yea but a win doesn’t make any difference, it’s still just a game. Tepper has single handily destroyed this franchise and has zero self awareness. I don’t blame even the most hardcore fans bowing out. It’s really unfortunate we have become the modern Browns.

As I’ve said, Tepper is a poo person and snake owner/businessman. He represents the duality of the universe. Great owners can’t exist if he doesn’t. Unfortunately, he is the Panthers owner and it is what it is. We can’t control it but we can tune out. You can only have give him so much time/benefit of a doubt.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, pantherdad said:

Sorry for your loss, but if I had lost somebody in my family, close to me, a football team would probably be the last thing on my mind right now

We can only cry and grieve and look at old pictures so much until we have to try to do something that brings us joy. Today I turned to my favorite football team to deliver a distraction from pain and all it brought was more of it which made me realize there’s nothing left for me in supporting this team. And that might be true for many others who haven’t realized it yet, hence why I wrote my post. 

• Pie 1

My condolences.

When we lost the last SB, I quit being a diehard fan. That pain was too much. I'm a casual fan now, and I love it. We lost today, and I'm already over it—no more sleepless Panther nightmares for me. I will also never go to a home game again. That makes my Sundays much more enjoyable, avoiding the 2-hour drive.

A fun SB would be a Bills, 49ers and Eagle. 

• Pie 4

34 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I’m really emotional today after losing my brother in law yesterday. He officiated my wedding and was always such a great guy to be around. He was robbed of his life at only 37 because of a freak accident. It is just another reminder that none of us are guaranteed we will be here tomorrow. Life can be taken from you at any moment. 

I could have really used a big Panthers win today to lift my spirits, but instead I’m treated to the same old miserable bunch of pathetic losers that always show up when the games start to matter. So my New Years Resolution is to stop caring about football. I no longer get any joy out of watching the Panthers and my time is better spent elsewhere. I might still keep an eye on the final scores from time to time, but this isn’t a hobby that is worth my time anymore.

I implore all of you to consider spending your precious little time elsewhere as well. Family is something worth investing your time into. Maybe a creative hobby. Or exercise. If watching the Panthers lose brings you joy, more power to you. It’s your life, spend it how you want. This is merely a reminder that we have no control over when our time comes. And I don’t want to waste any more time on something that makes me miserable. 

I hope you all have a great 2023 and I’ll see y’all around. ✌️ 

My DEEPEST condolences for your loss.    😞

• Beer 2

42 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I’m really emotional today after losing my brother in law yesterday. He officiated my wedding and was always such a great guy to be around. He was robbed of his life at only 37 because of a freak accident. It is just another reminder that none of us are guaranteed we will be here tomorrow. Life can be taken from you at any moment. 

I could have really used a big Panthers win today to lift my spirits, but instead I’m treated to the same old miserable bunch of pathetic losers that always show up when the games start to matter. So my New Years Resolution is to stop caring about football. I no longer get any joy out of watching the Panthers and my time is better spent elsewhere. I might still keep an eye on the final scores from time to time, but this isn’t a hobby that is worth my time anymore.

I implore all of you to consider spending your precious little time elsewhere as well. Family is something worth investing your time into. Maybe a creative hobby. Or exercise. If watching the Panthers lose brings you joy, more power to you. It’s your life, spend it how you want. This is merely a reminder that we have no control over when our time comes. And I don’t want to waste any more time on something that makes me miserable. 

I hope you all have a great 2023 and I’ll see y’all around. ✌️ 

Good mindset. I’d add that obviously I don’t know you, but there are people who mean the world to you, and people who you are the world to as well. 

Pour into them every chance you get. Happy new year to you and yours @hepcat.

• Beer 1