• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Corner our second biggest need behind QB?

Horn pretty clearly our most valuable defensive player. We may have taken him for granted all year long. With his history of injuries - is corner now the second biggest need on this roster? Absolutely pathetic showing from Henderson and Keith Taylor today. Makes me sick to my stomach but if QB is off the board when we are drafting and we do not move up - does corner become our primary need? We have invested so much in the secondary in recent years and have nothing to show for it outside of Jaycee Horn. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, OnlyPantherFaninMaine said:

Horn pretty clearly our most valuable defensive player. We may have taken him for granted all year long. With his history of injuries - is corner now the second biggest need on this roster? Absolutely pathetic showing from Henderson and Keith Taylor today. Makes me sick to my stomach but if QB is off the board when we are drafting and we do not move up - does corner become our primary need? We have invested so much in the secondary in recent years and have nothing to show for it outside of Jaycee Horn. 

I think you have to keep reloading in the secondary given this is a passing league. The same as with QB. You keep bringing guys in until you have a strong secondary. Injuries require you have lots of corners who can play meaningful minutes.  The reason we missed Horn was because Jackson was on IR. Otherwise corner was considered a strength for us. Taylor is like our 5th or 6th corner who playeddue to injury. He looked lost out there.

28 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

QB, DE, CB, WR, TE, LB

Those are our top 6 IMO.

QB is clearly #1, the order of the rest will probably depend heavily on the preferred schemes of the next staff. I'd favor WR and TE to support the new QB.

I'm going to move wide receiver to the end of that list. DJ is great, and I think Marshall is coming into his own. Shi it's pretty good and Shenault is a gadget guy. We could definitely use a couple of upgrades, but I don't think it says needy as the other positions you named 

Our biggest need at CB is the need for them to stay healthy for the healthy.

Donte & Horn are enough to win with. CJ and Taylor Jr are #3/4 at best.

Our biggest need on D is probably DE. Improving the pressure improves every other position. L 

Burns is damn good..he's a force just not a constant force. He disappears at times. DT beside Brown is also a need. 

Depends on the staff we hire. Are we a 4-3 or a 3-4 mainly?. They might not keep Chinn at safety. 

Sidenote: I think Shaq will be a cap casualty.... Which makes MLB a need. 

Then you have the QB problem to deal with. Also the RB position unless your running with Chubba as the #1. 

Also have to address either the WR or TE position.... Restructure that contract Ian should have never received. 

Dunno where we stand with the cap situation in realtime but last I checked it was -3 million.

We lost 5 times on 1 trade. Lost by signing Henderson... adding his contract to the books...losing our draft pick...losing our best receiving TE since Olsen...which probably created a future lane to offering Thomas that ridiculous contract. 

Then you have today. We are obviously still losing from that one move. 

7 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

I'm going to move wide receiver to the end of that list. DJ is great, and I think Marshall is coming into his own. Shi it's pretty good and Shenault is a gadget guy. We could definitely use a couple of upgrades, but I don't think it says needy as the other positions you named 

I think a good TE will also open things up for those guys a lot.

• Beer 1