• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Wilks weren't from Charlotte and a former member of the staff, would you still want him as HC next year?

Ricky Spanish

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Said it elsewhere and I'll repeat it here: Steve Wilks is a high character, strong leadership guy that brings good qualities to any organization he's part of. 

Those qualities are what I care about. I wouldn't give a sh-t if he was from Timbuktu.

Problem is none of those things make a good coach. 
I could care less of a Wilks is a good person or a leader. 
Guy is a terrible in game coach. 

• Pie 5
  • Poo 1

Just now, TLGPanthersFan said:

Problem is none of those things make a good coach. 
I could care less of a Wilks is a good person or a leader. 
Guy is a terrible in game coach. 

They make a good leader.

Leadership is only part of what it takes to be a successful NFL coach though. And it's other factors where I think Wilks has some good, some bad, but overall just not enough.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

They make a good leader.

Leadership is only part of what it takes to be a successful NFL coach though. And it's other factors where I think Wilks has some good, some bad, but overall just not enough.

I agree if leadership made you 100 percent a good coach Wilks would be it. Unfortunately it doesn’t and, imo, he doesn’t have IT.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I think wilks is a fine coach. He's not a bad choice for the next head coach at all. The guy was making wine out of shyt. I mean this team was dead last with rhule at the helm and he made us playoff contenders. Thats without his own coaching staff or players or qb. 

Do i want him back next year...IDK i had my heart set on some offensive guru. im sick of struggling to put up points and pouring entire draft classes into a defense that inevitably fails. I think I want to go with the Chargers model at this point.

• Pie 4