• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Not sure TMJ is not TMJAG

top dawg

Some of y'all know how I love my receivers. An exciting game-changing diva that will take a game over by getting open early and often gets my juices flowing.

Terrace Marshall Jr. has the prototypical size, 4.4 speed and can jump out the gym. So, his inability to make his presence on the field known to all on a continuous basis is beginning to look like a red flag to me. We aren't talking about the QB position here; elite receivers inject themselves into the conversation (so to speak) during the first year---and maybe second year latest---if we're being honest. TMJ has shown a flash here or there, and then disappeared. Elite receivers don't disappear at all---they must always be accounted for---and even good receivers rarely disappear for two or three games at a time. 

I'm still hopeful for TMJ to become a guy that scares the opposition, but I'm not holding my breath. He had a good opportunity to become a known commodity across the league during most of this season, but he hasn't done that. 

We need to draft a legitimate route-running technician at wide receiver. This should open the offense up quite a bit. I'm not sure we have that guy, but TMJ is looking less like that guy, which is very disappointing considering how much he has been on the field.

• Pie 5

Man it's so hard to evaluate anyone that was under Rhule for most or all of their career. I get where you are coming from, but there have been these flashes of exceptional play, reasons for hope.  I agree that we have no reason to expect he's going to be elite.  Our next coach is so important and I really hope we bring in a good offensive mind.

Edited by mav1234
  • Pie 7

I think he has a lot of potential but he was saddled with Rhule to start with who barely wanted to give him any playing time. Then this season he had Baker Mayfield then PJ Walker and back to Sam Darnold. Give him some continuity with a real QB and a better staff then see where we're at.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 1

After looking at the top receivers in the league it definitely looks like being a great route runner and being able to get open without being schemed open is one of, if not the most important trait for a receiver in the modern nfl.  It's not so much the physical freaks anymore.

• Pie 1

I would love to see him under new management first. I can see the need for another WR but I don't think we have to take one in the first 2 rounds to get someone that can contribute. We have Moore and TMJ has upside and I did see more from him post-Rhule which leads me to hope he was BCed or Bozemaned.

Draft a later WR or pick up a FA with a chip on a prove it deal. I would like a route technician but I am praying the new coaching crew comes in with actual player improvement skills.  

• Pie 1

I'm not sold on him either.  Sometimes intangibles matter as much or sometimes more than the measureables.   Either he lacks the drive, not 100% committed, or just doesn't get it.  I'm not sure, but something is certainly off with him.  The very reason I'm wanting a WR with either our first rounder or one of our seconds.  I'm not willing to bet the light bulb suddenly lights up with TMJ.

32 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

He’s flashed enough that I’m fine with him. Since he’s flashed, being patient and developing him makes sense. 

Dude was doghoused by Rhule for unknown reasons throughout his career so far. 

*checks where TMJ went to college* well.