• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

MNF: Bills vs. Bengals *game suspended* - prayers for Damar Hamlin

LinvilleGorge

I’m not blaming anyone in this thread but we are at a point in our society where a young man gets hit in his chest with the force of a train and certain demographic of people are blaming his near death on something entirely unrelated and using this as an opportunity to spread misinformation. Our society is fuged. 

• Pie 7
  • Beer 2

11 minutes ago, RJK said:

This is what I’m worried about most. It seems we technically didn’t watch a young man die on national television but I’m still concerned about his quality of life after this. 

Yep. I did manage to find a high enough quality clip that I think was after the first commercial. It was before the ambulance showed up, that definitely showed him move his arm under his own power. Which makes me optimistic they got his heart restarted in the proper window. 

• Pie 3

8 hours ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

Skip Bayless is a real piece of work.

This isn’t as bad as many people are making it out to be. Skip is a professional troll but I didn’t read this as advocating the game should go on. People are just traumatized and looking to vent their emotion on someone. 

Hope you all do something special for your loved ones today. Call that relative you haven’t talked to in awhile. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, KillerKat said:

Nothing of what he said was bad. Cool it.

Telling me to better articulate myself after failing to do just that himself may not be considered bad but it was pretty hypocritical to say the least.  

So no.  I am not going to, as you say, "Cool it".   

Besides, I've put him on ignore so he won't be hearing from me anymore regardless of what he says going forward.  🤷‍♂️

Now excuse me while I get back to thinking about Damar and hope he pulls through.

Sounds like he's on the right track at least which is a huge relief.

Edited by glenwo2
  • Poo 1

Times like this it's not even worth it to subject yourself to social media reactions. If it isn't some idiot blaming unrelated issues it's someone using this as an opportunity for emotional concern grifting to increase their own profile. I hope he makes a full recovery. Nearly ten minutes without oxygen is a big factor though.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

8 hours ago, onmyown said:

it’s funny how so many don’t understand gooddell is literally (and simply) just a puppet. y’all think he’s calling shots lol

he’s there to take the shots, including being fired, it will just be next man up 

His job is to protect the brand. We all know that. But waiting 30 minutes after Hamlin is taken away in an ambulance after CPR doesn't do that at all. Look at the emotions it pulled out of people, not just the players. Telling these men to warm up and get ready to go doesn't protect anything. It makes you look like a compassionless asshole. If you're the CEO of a multi billion dollar organization and your job is to protect the brand, you need to be able to read the room. Suspending the game to allow players time to recover from what they saw wouldn't be difficult. No different really than if a game had to be called due to lightning. Reschedule, play the game, and at least pretend like you care. It's not a good look for the NFL right now. 

29 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

If this was strictly from impact then they need to look at some extra layer of protect over these guys chests. You have to do your best to protect these men. Even if it’s a rare occurrence like this. 

I’m wondering if the protection was actually actually a contributing factor here. He was moving pretty fast after medical got to him which means his heart was restarted, but since they continued CPR I’m guessing his lung weren’t functioning properly. Same risk of brain oxygen deprivation applies. I’m wondering if the should pad unit exasperated the hit/preserved the hit position on his chest causing even more internal pressure that may have collapsed one or both lungs. I am no medical professional so this is purely speculation.

Hopefully the first responders were able to minimize as much damage as possible by administering CPR fairly quickly.

I also think it’s important that if you are able, take the time to become CPR certified. It’s not a difficult process and can save lives. You pray you never need to administer it but if you ever have to, you are glad you learned how to.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 3