• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Harbaugh to Carolina Makes Too Much Sense...

chknwing

10 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Well there are plenty of cunty head coaches(or just coaches in general) in the NFL. What Harbaugh was able to do with those teams was pretty great. 

If we eliminate all asshole HC's that might narrow the pool more than we want.

But given how much the players like Wilkes, would they line up to play for an conceited asshole who is not considered a players coach. Much of why we did better this year with fewer starters from beginning to end was player buy in to the system.  What if the players don't  buy in?

With that said, he is an interesting option as he has head coach experience  and is a proven winner. I would love to be in the interview and see him address the concerns and lay out his plan.

Edited by panthers55
  • Beer 1

53 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

But given how much the players like Wilkes, would they line up to play for an conceited asshole who is not considered a players coach. Much of why we did better this year with fewer starters from beginning to end was player buy in to the system.  What if the players don't  buy in?

With that said, he is an interesting option as he has head coach experience  and is a proven winner. I would love to be in the interview and see him address the concerns and lay out his plan.

I mean....I think the choice is that or unemployment. 

As much as you heard some players bitching, it never tanked their teams enough to not win 10+ games. If players complain their way to that kind of record, I hope our players constantly complain. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean....I think the choice is that or unemployment. 

As much as you heard some players bitching, it never tanked their teams enough to not win 10+ games. If players complain their way to that kind of record, I hope our players constantly complain. 

There is a big difference between players who play for a paycheck and those who play with passion and purpose. How many of our players would have been cut playing like they did under Rhule?  Then the same players played much better for Wilkes, why? It wasn't something you can quantify but it is easily observable. Player who play for each other and give everything for their team are actually going beyond what it takes to make a team or stay in the league.  So to assume that players will play for any coach at a high level just because they risk being replaced is rather symplistic logic.

• Beer 1

13 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

The concern is that he might be a "complete control" coach again. If that is the case, I am not sure I want him. 

He is easily the most accomplished coach available this cycle but we just got over that kind of thing. I don't think I want to make that mistake again.

Lets compare. Matt Rhule with Complete control 16-33-0.

Harbaugh with Full control with SF 44-19-1.

My mind is at ease if he gets full control. 

Matt Rhule, college fraud "program builder".

Jim Harbaugh Tough to work with successful experienced NFL Coach...

yeah, I don't see why people are nitpicking this. 

• Pie 1

I don’t see Harbaugh or Wilks being here longer than 4-5 years. 

Harbaugh will win, get bored, pick fights and move on. 

Wilks will just get so conservative that he is punting on 3rd down. And I think he will play pets and favorites worse than Rivera. 

6 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Lets compare. Matt Rhule with Complete control 16-33-0.

Harbaugh with Full control with SF 44-19-1.

My mind is at ease if he gets full control. 

Harbaugh didn't have roster control with the 49ers. Trent Baalke had final say.

Shanahan does, but Harbaugh didn't.

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, panthers55 said:

There is a big difference between players who play for a paycheck and those who play with passion and purpose. How many of our players would have been cut playing like they did under Rhule?  Then the same players played much better for Wilkes, why? It wasn't something you can quantify but it is easily observable. Player who play for each other and give everything for their team are actually going beyond what it takes to make a team or stay in the league.  So to assume that players will play for any coach at a high level just because they risk being replaced is rather symplistic logic.

Yeah, remember that .700 winning percentage that Harbaugh had? Doesn't sound like a bunch of disgruntled players laying down, now does it?

What does "full control" entail really and how is that any different than just having a GM on HC on the same page? Rivera and Fox weren't considered those sort of guys that but did Hurney ever block them from doing anything? We don't exactly have a football brain trust to protect in Carolina.

Either we bring in a coach and give them the power to rebuild the place or find someone who basically just acts on Fitterer's behalf and no accomplished coach is going to agree to that. 

15 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Rivera and Fox weren't considered those sort of guys that but did Hurney ever block them from doing anything? 

2010, although that had to do with some combination of a potential lock-out the following season and Fox being on the final year of his deal.  Still, I'm sure Fox didn't appreciate the team doing jack-all to improve.  Then again Fox already had one foot out the door by that point anyway.  That year was just a terrible time to be a Panthers fan.

Edited by Mage

Harbaugh would change this team overnight. But like others have said he’d probably only be here 4-5 years then move on which I’m fine with tbh.

him and Tepper would butt heads for sure though. Harbaugh is similar to Rhule being a control freak but harbaugh is actually good at what he does. 

• Pie 1

I’m not 100% sure it would just be a 3-5 year thing. Each job he took was a promotion all the way until the Niners owners got into a pissing match with him and ran him off. He didn’t resign but was told that would be his last season. He has been at Michigan for 7 years, but the NFL has always been calling him back which is why we hear these rumors every year. Hell he interviewed with the Vikings until Michigan threw stupid money at him.