• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

Some of y'all need to chill... This will be a lengthy process and surely Reich, Wilks, and Caldwell won't be the only candidates.... It's called doing their due diligence and homework before hiring.

I am fairly certain that DeMeco Ryan, Shane Steichen, Ben Johnson, Dan Quinn, Brian Callahan, Shane Waldron, Mike Kafka, and Ken Dorsey will probably get looks too 

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, methodtoll said:

Some of y'all need to chill... This will be a lengthy process and surely Reich, Wilks, and Caldwell won't be the only candidates.... It's called doing their due diligence and homework before hiring.

I am fairly certain that DeMeco Ryan, Shane Steichen, Ben Johnson, Dan Quinn, Brian Callahan, Shane Waldron, Mike Kafka, and Ken Dorsey will probably get looks too 

You’re using logic and being rational. You know we don’t do that here.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

On a  poll last night on Spectrum sports , Wilkes got 74% of the vote for our head coach .   He has my vote as well .  I would like to see him get a 3 yr deal . He picked up Rhule;s team and did a good job .  Some team will make him an offer .

12 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Regarding Wilks, Person says his plans for the offensive side of the ball will be the biggest key to his interview.

More specifically, Person believes any notion of keeping Ben McAdoo as his OC won't fly.

I feel like Wilks could get a competent OC in here, as I recall McAdoo was mostly the only kid willing to play with Rhule on the playground type situation. I do find it funny that ole Ben Mc at one time was the OC/QB guru that everyone currently wants here. I think about how all that started with Gase and Koetter. 

6 minutes ago, Growl said:

the media was going to push for Wilks regardless of how many bad teams the Panthers did or didn’t beat because of the political angle

hopefully tepper doesn’t get sucked into it

Person and Fowler both put out articles today saying he should be the guy.   Its fuging insane.  Being a "leader of men" should not be the goddamn criteria for being a nfl head coach. 

• Flames 1

Seems like the only avenue for Wilks is to snag a shiny OC and draft a rookie QB. Results will be different from last year on those two variables alone, but also he'll have a full offseason to prepare, and (probably) a full season to coach. I'd rather have an offensive minded HC but the fact that the players have rallied behind Wilks and are seemingly united behind him getting the job, as well as now the Panther's media is coalescing around him, is not meaningless. I think it's quite bold of some folks on here to insinuate that they know better than the people who are in the building every day, but what else is new.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

55 minutes ago, Growl said:

the media was going to push for Wilks regardless of how many bad teams the Panthers did or didn’t beat because of the political angle

hopefully tepper doesn’t get sucked into it

Can you elaborate on the “political angle” part? I don’t follow. 

• Poo 1

34 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Can you elaborate on the “political angle” part? I don’t follow. 

oh sorry if I wasn’t clear

hes black

edit: and the Panthers as a sacrificial small market team are expected to take the reins on helping the nfl achieve its desired reputation on Capitol Hill while the more media friendly teams are free to operate under a pretense of hiring the individual they feel is best suited to make them perennial super bowl contenders

Edited by Growl
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 2

Wilks is a good dude, but please no.  It's the same Ron bait.  Great off the field coach, respectable, players like him, stable.  But not a great game time coach and poor adjustments.   Do we want an average team with moral victories or to finally have back to back winning seasons?

• Pie 1