• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So which QB do we think will be available at #9?

NAS

I've been doing a ton of mock simulations on different places and I've been surprised at how often one of the top three, Young, Stroud, and Levis falls to us.

I mean it's no good indicator of what we'll be facing in the draft, but that scenario is still popping up more than I thought it would 

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I've been doing a ton of mock simulations on different places and I've been surprised at how often one of the top three, Young, Stroud, and Levis falls to us.

I mean it's no good indicator of what we'll be facing in the draft, but that scenario is still popping up more than I thought it would 

I think I can see Levis dropping to us 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

I think I can see Levis dropping to us 

I was surprised to see any of them, tbh. But there are quite a few times that teams in front of us went after defense, which makes sense because this draft looks really good there.

4 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

I dont get the defense of this guy by this board. Even the Bears messsage board is considering a QB #1 overall and shopping Fields... If he was a Panther majority of this board would be talking about pulling the plug on him. 

Those pining for Fields may just get their wish.  Chicago very well may choose a QB with their first pick and trade Fields.  There are several teams looking to upgrade at QB, obviously the Panthers are one of them.

I think all three are gone by 9. QB needy teams will identify us as a team to get in front of if they want a QB, so if one is falling from 5 on, I would imagine we get leapfrogged at 7 or 8. 

IF we want one of Stroud/Young/Levis, I think we have to move up with AZ. If we could hold out to move up to pick 5, the assets we would have to give up would probably only be #9, our SF second rounder, a day three pick maybe this year, and maybe a 2024 3rd or 4th round pick.

I would hedge my bets that two QBs go in the top 4 and then we move up to 5 for our new QB. We still get to keep our 2nd round selection to add a starter.

Personally, I'd rather draft Johnston at 9, and add two more starters in round 2. Grab a TE for Corral and find a dance partner for Burns or Woods with the other selection.

6 hours ago, NAS said:

This - I'm not sold that Fields will pan out long term.  He relies on his legs too much

Fields is a thrilling playmaker, but he can’t do it consistently enough to be one of the most productive quarterbacks in the NFL, and that would not get the Panthers where they want to go.

35 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Can't predict it this early.  I mean they could drop.  Got to remember prior years where basically unquestioned best players at this time in a given season......later dropped.  I mean, at this time in Fields draft year basically no one questioned him as anything but the 1b to Trevor.   A close 1b.  Because he just beat him and outplayed him. 

Bama QBs often go through the ringer.  So do Ohio St QBs.  So I could see them falling in perception after everyone makes money off nitpicking them for months and months. 

45 minutes ago, rayzor said:

The big wildcard is if Atlanta, Detroit, Seattle or Indy make a move for #1 or 3.  I can see Seattle sticking with Geno, Lions with Goff.  Houston will likely be staying put.  Vegas sounds like they're on the veteran front.  

Chicago: Jalen Carter (Trade down possible but interior D is a huge need)

Houston: QB1 - Bryce Young

Arizona: Will Anderson (Again trade down is possible but an edge rusher is a huge need for them)

Indy: QB2 - Stroud or Levis

Seattle: DEFENSE - If no QB, they have a young OL, Walker, Geno, Metcalf, Locket, & Fant

Detroit: DEFENSE - Again, a promising OL, Goff, 2 RBs, Hock, & 3+ legit WRs

Vegas: They are the annual wildcard.  They could go so many different routes.  

Atlanta: Allgeier looks great, London & Pitts are in place, if they don't like Ridder, than a QB is definitely possible. They're a wildcard, especially ahead of us for other trade ups.    

--

This makes me think we're in clear range for Richardson but if Houston is nervous about a QB via Bears trade, then I can see a rare 1 & 2 swap.  Then the question is if we want to just make the trade with Arizona for #3 and get ourselves Stroud.  

Given Fitt's presser, I just have a feeling they're willing to make a huge swing for a top QB this year and not mess around with the 3rd-5th best available FA, a middling trade candidate, or a 2nd-3rd rounder. 

My bet is on Stroud at 3 or Richardson at 9.  

18 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

I think all three are gone by 9. QB needy teams will identify us as a team to get in front of if they want a QB, so if one is falling from 5 on, I would imagine we get leapfrogged at 7 or 8. 

IF we want one of Stroud/Young/Levis, I think we have to move up with AZ. If we could hold out to move up to pick 5, the assets we would have to give up would probably only be #9, our SF second rounder, a day three pick maybe this year, and maybe a 2024 3rd or 4th round pick.

I would hedge my bets that two QBs go in the top 4 and then we move up to 5 for our new QB. We still get to keep our 2nd round selection to add a starter.

Personally, I'd rather draft Johnston at 9, and add two more starters in round 2. Grab a TE for Corral and find a dance partner for Burns or Woods with the other selection.

There are a lot of moving parts.  I think Young and Stroud will both be gone, but I don't believe Atlanta or Vegas takes Levis.  I could see Tennessee at 11 or the Jets at 13 moving up for a QB (even though the Jets may be gun shy from the Wilson experiment).

We know Fitterer will sign someone in FA - because you can't go into the draft with just Matt Corral on the roster.  We should give Corral a chance to develop - see if anything is there - but not totally count on it.

If Levis is sitting there at 9, I'd take him - but no way I trade up.

If Levis is gone, I go Edge or WR. 

Who knows, maybe we sign Tyrod Taylor, roll with Corral, trade back with the Jets for an extra second, and end up with Mayer and 3 seconds.  That might be fun.