• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So which QB do we think will be available at #9?

NAS

On 1/9/2023 at 1:25 PM, mav1234 said:

If Fields was a veteran like Trubisky or Winston, there would be no question you draft a new QB.  But he's a second year player.

Yeah, it would be pretty dumb of them to move on from him at this point.  And while they have made some bad decisions in the past, its not like they are the Texans.  

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

I doubt Stroud is sad about having options.

I think we'll see more and more of these potential draft candidates elect to stay a year or two longer in school.  Some of these NIL deals can be rather lucrative from what I hear.

I doubt he's sad about it too.

As long as NIL is a thing, we'll see more athletes(male and female) staying in school or transferring from school to school in pursuit of the cash in every sport.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Varking said:

There’s a rumor going on that Stroud is being offered a vast NIL deal to remain in school. Has three days left to declare. 

Hmm take millions of dollars to potentially win a college championship and hit the draft next year, or get drafted by Texans or Colts....Just turned 21 in October as well. 

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

With QBs it's a lot more about the mental maturation than the physical maturity. Yeah, there's a BIG deference between a 23 year old mind and a 20 year old mind. Levis is just a couple of months younger than Justin Fields who just finished his second NFL season. He's only a year younger than Brian Burns who just finished up his 4th NFL season.

I’d agree with that generally speaking, but with Levis specifically, is that even his game? Is his mental maturity what has given him the edge over his competition in college? Maybe I’m thinking of “mental maturity” in a different way, but I’m assuming you essentially mean his QB intelligence. And if I’m thinking “man amongst boys” with regards to QB intelligence, I’m picturing a tactical assassin who sits back in the pocket, dissects and exploits defensive coverages, picks apart soft spots in zone, looks off safeties to get them to bite, etc.

With Levis, I thought he’s kinda more your prototypical extremely raw prospect with arm talent through the roof. At least I hear him being compared to guys like Josh Allen, but I’ve admitted to not watching a ton of college football so maybe I’m wrong about him.

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

I think it's essentially a measure of a QB's ability to avoid taking sacks.  QBs that are high on the X axis had a high percentage of pressures leading to sacks in college (i.e. struggling to evade the pass rush).  QBs that are high on the Y axis had a high percentage of pressures leading to sacks in the NFL.  Based on this chart and Levis' 26.8% pressure-to-sack rate, he'd essentially be off the charts in a bad way.  It's also suggesting a pretty linear correlation from college to the pros, so if you struggled with taking sacks when pressured in college, then chances are you're going to struggle with it in the NFL.

It has nothing to do with each QB's o-line because the pre-condition for each data point is that the QB is already being pressured.  So once the pressure has already taken place, which QBs take sacks at a higher rate vs. able to elude the sack.

thank you

incredible explanation

• Beer 1

40 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

With Levis, I thought he’s kinda more your prototypical extremely raw prospect with arm talent through the roof. At least I hear him being compared to guys like Josh Allen, but I’ve admitted to not watching a ton of college football so maybe I’m wrong about him.

Yeah, that's the problem. He's significantly older and more experienced than most college players yet he's still considered and extremely raw prospect. He shouldn't be an extremely raw prospect at this point. He's only two years younger than Josh Allen. He'll be 24 when he plays his first NFL game. At that same age, Josh Allen was entering his third NFL season.

It's as big red flag IMO that Levis is still so raw.

• Pie 3

10 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Hmm take millions of dollars to potentially win a college championship and hit the draft next year, or get drafted by Texans or Colts....Just turned 21 in October as well. 

He is definitely one or two in this class. Next year is wide open, plus an injury can ruin his career. Most would declare in that case right?

21 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Will Levis is a souped up Baker Mayfield

Souped up Baker with the right staff could be deadly. Levis isn’t my top choice, but I think he has potential. I like to look at his 2021 season when he was able to run because he wasn’t injured. Better stats and he had UK with only 3 losses. Give him a good OL and OC and who knows what will happen. Physically he checks all the boxes.