• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cade Mays as a starter?

Mr. Scot

2 hours ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

I still think he works best as our depth lineman that can fill in at FB. Injuries will inevitably occur and he seems to be able to plug in to most spots on the line

The good news is that Cade May can play all 5 OL positions, plus fill in as a FB.

Cade Mays

Edited by KatsAzz
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 hours ago, ColumbusCounty said:

I would invest another draft pick in the line... undoubtedly 

Keep your strengths your strengths ...

I see we signed Deonte Brown back ... hopefully he gets his weight and mind right and becomes a factor. 

I like how we attacked the offensive line position this offseason. Moton, BC, Ickey, Corbett(after preseason), Cade, Boze (Top priority to extend). Why not throw a couple more names in there for insurance and competition. 

I agree we need to spend a pick on OL…I seriously wouldn’t count on Brown doing anything.  

2 hours ago, ColumbusCounty said:

I would invest another draft pick in the line... undoubtedly 

Keep your strengths your strengths ...

I see we signed Deonte Brown back ... hopefully he gets his weight and mind right and becomes a factor. 

I like how we attacked the offensive line position this offseason. Moton, BC, Ickey, Corbett(after preseason), Cade, Boze (Top priority to extend). Why not throw a couple more names in there for insurance and competition. 

If Deonte could get his weight under control he could really help himself financially. 

2 hours ago, KatsAzz said:

So can Brady. I like our flexibility along the line. If we resign Boze, I think Elflein could fetch a 3rd rounder from a center-needy team, assuming his hip is healthy. That would also open up close to 5mil in cap space. 

Edited by ECHornet
  • Pie 3

1 hour ago, L-TownCat said:

Aside from that, why were the Saints going low?  Both sides of the ball.  They were taking knee shots the whole game.

That's all they ever do.

Definitely need to spend more money on the OL. Add a tackle and a guard. Knowing this team, there's no way in hell that both BC and Corbett make it to Week 18.

I hope we get to see him starting at guard to start the season. I can only imagine he'd be one of the best pulling guards you could ask for. And if we stay with the run heavy offense, then he's going to be invaluable there.

Good kid, he's got a heck of a future ahead of him.

And I really want to see Bozeman signed to a long term deal AND see Corbett and Christiansen heal up completely. We have the makings for the best Panthers line of all time.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

26 minutes ago, stbugs said:

No poo. Amazingly, there was a G available the year before Mays who played with Mays at Tennessee. We could have taken him instead of Brown or with Brown instead of a LS. Our OL was poo and we did barely anything until realizing we fuged up badly with the 2021 OL.

I always despised Marty for drafting no IOL from 2018 to 2020. He didn’t resign Norwell, traded Turner and watched Kalil retire and yet he reached for one LT and drafted another late and ignored IOL for 3 years. Gettleman screwed up a lot but at least he added Moton, Williams, Turner and Norwell in his 5 drafts. He even signed a few FAs and already had Kalil at C. OL was at least a focus and some good players were added.

I have to give you props on the Smith call and wish our front office had made that move (long snapper smh), even with his injury concerns.

That said, while I acknowledge we would be in even better position with that move, Fitt also deserves credit for constructing our current oline. Top 10 in the league imo.

Edited by ECHornet
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1