• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers receive permission to interview Sean Payton

TheSpecialJuan

I would not be surprised at all if Payton comes in and with no humility tells Tepper to just get it over with and hire Steve Wilks because Wilks is the best man for the job. He's being interviewed for his advice not the HC job.

Other than that, Payton will want full control (been there, done that with Seifert and Rhule). Our future will be down the drain because it will take draft picks to the Saint to get it done.

Ok things have picked up tremendously in the last 24 hours. Payton will interview with Tepper in New York on Friday. Fangio has already interviewed for a DC role. The Panthers have also requested to speak with Kris Richard the current Saints Co-Defensive Coordinator. This just in, Harbaugh is now recommitted to the Michigan Wolverines. I believe it will come down to Denver and Carolina for Payton’s services. Denver’s backup was Harbaugh so that means they will push hard for Payton. I suspect the next week and a half will be a wild ride, with information leaning for each destination. I believe Payton was always the play. Payton let it slip in November that he may have had a conversation with Tepper (unofficially).

Edited by philit99

Trading good draft assets to a division rival for a coach who is turning 60 this year would be beyond stupid.

I'm not against Payton as our coach, but I am vehemently against giving a division rival good draft picks for him when we could hire someone almost 25 years younger without giving up a single asset.

4 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

As much as I no longer care about the Panthers, a Sean Payton hire would bring me back to this specific forum on a daily basis just to trash the organization.

There must be at least a dozen or so retread, old school head coaches out there job hunting right now. Lovie Smith anyone? Fug, if you're gonna talk about Payton, why not go ask Bill Cowher while you're at it.

Here’s our resident hockey guru who always comes around to remind us he doesn’t care about the team anymore. 

31 minutes ago, philit99 said:

Ok things have picked up tremendously in the last 24 hours. Payton will interview with Tepper in New York on Friday. Fangio has already interviewed for a DC role. The Panthers have also requested to speak with Kris Richard the current Saints Co-Defensive Coordinator. This just in, Harbaugh is now recommitted to the Michigan Wolverines. I believe it will come down to Denver and Carolina for Payton’s services. Denver’s backup was Harbaugh so that means they will push hard for Payton. I suspect the next week and a half will be a wild ride, with information leaning for each destination. I believe Payton was always the play. Payton let it slip in November that he may have had a conversation with Tepper (unofficially).

Oh poo I forgot about that slip up, what was that show he was on where he did that?