• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Natalie Miller's mock draft 1.0

Verge

If we pass on a QB, Quinten and Addison, that better be a DROY candidate, All-Pro level talent, hopefully on the DL given the importance and investment we already have in our secondary.  This CB group in this draft seems like a very crowded, really solid, but no clear cut top guy.  

Would absolutely hate to tilt the balance of our positional investments.  I would much prefer Q Johnson in this scenario.  

We have some major investments already.  Horn, Woods, & Jackson.  Not factoring in that Chinn will need a new contract soon, we invested our 3rd rounder last year in CJ.  That's 29 million annual between contracted guys in 24' in our secondary alone.  Just seems like a move that gets us nowhere both short term and long term.  

• Pie 1

We obviously could use another CB and especially a DE. So can't say I would be mad. But man if we dip back into the FA pool for a QB I hope it's actually a bridge QB like Detroit has done with Goff. Like someone like Garoppolo I can deal with because you know what you're getting. He has major limitations, but also does enough well that you can build an offense around. Give me someone like that while stacking the rest of the talent with roster while you wait to really pounce on a franchise QB. 

Basically, please don't give draft capital for a reclamation project like Lance or Love. That is too risky for us. Get someone that you know can be competent in the right scheme.

1 hour ago, Icege said:

Horn + Porter == set it and forget it at the CB position

My only concern is their contracts coming up for renewal once after the other, but at least it's not a project QB in the top 10 like other mocks have shown.

And then sit and watch teams run all on us or sit back and pick us apart with their WR3 or TE with no pass rush.  While the offense struggles to score.