• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching Interviews: Round Two

Mr. Scot

Just now, ladypanther said:

No, but he was the idiot in the last round of HC interviews.

The guy who hired and paid that idiot is interviewing and qualifying the HC options in this search with Nicole added in lol. Who needs a Hurney when you have 2 Teppers...

I swear we're bound to be mediocre forever. Both Wilks and Reich are the coaching equivalent of mayo on white.

If we're going to have ANY shot at being more than a forever 9-win team over the next decade we'd better damn well NAIL the QB position this offseason because these guys ain't it.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

Panthers hiring Reich gives me Commanders hiring Rivera vibes. At the time Rivera had credibility and at least found success and was better than what they had at HC, but after 3 years the Commanders are still a mediocre team and in QB purgatory. I think Panthers have just regressed so bad with Rhule that we're settling for any HC experience now. 

Disagree....1)offensive guy  2) Hires good assistants 3) Will have a real GM here

• Pie 6
  • Beer 2

I'm on the Reich train. He has a great history working with quarterbacks, made the playoffs for the Colts twice in 3 years, and has connections to other very good potential staff additions in the league. Look at Doug Pederson. Give Reich the QB he wants and let him work.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

I'm sorry, but hiring Reich just feels like the equivalent of punting from the 50 yard line with 2 minutes left in OT.

Playing for the tie instead of going for the win.

Isn't Reich the guy who went for it on 4th and 1 or whatever from his own side of the field in OT against Houston?

It cost them the game, but he wasn't playing conservative at all.

• Pie 2

48 minutes ago, joemac said:

Nobody even knows what they discuss in these interviews.  Especially on one done via Zoom while the coach is preparing for a huge playoff game.  Maybe Shane said "fug you, I hate Bojangles and Charlotte sucks.  I would never coach there".  Who knows what happened?

If he hates Bojangles, I don't want him. Nuff said. 🙂

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Asaria said:

Isn't Reich the guy who went for it on 4th and 1 or whatever from his own side of the field in OT against Houston?

It cost them the game, but he wasn't playing conservative at all.

I'm not calling him or his play calling conservative, I'm calling the hire conservative, it's called a metaphor.

At best he feels like the hire to help turn our franchise into a solid squad, not the one that can lead us to being legit SB contenders.

I'd rather take more of a risk on someone like Steichen, "bad interview" be damned, than go with Reich who feels like a re-tread with minimal upside.