• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching Interview Thread IV: A New Hope

Ricky Spanish

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's actually been revealed since the firing that Irsay dumped Reich specifically so that he could hire Saturday.

Irsay went so far as to say that if Saturday hadn't been available, he wouldn't have fired Reich.

Yeah, it was all quite weird.  I mean, we're talking the AFCS, 3-3-1, with what's left of Matt Ryan as their QB.  It's not like it was some situation that was falling by the wayside.  Irsay directing the change to Ehlinger was just, very Irsay.

Given their division winner ended up 9-8, who knows what would've happened if they stayed course with Ryan, Taylor & Pittman.    

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's actually been revealed since the firing that Irsay dumped Reich specifically so that he could hire Saturday.

Irsay went so far as to say that if Saturday hadn't been available, he wouldn't have fired Reich.

What else would Jeff Saturday have been doing? Golf? A podcast?

• Pie 1
  • The D 1

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Lol Jeff Saturday was “available”

I was gonna make a thread prediction how it all played during the zenith of Payton hype and so far it looks like I’ve nailed it

->Payton hype fizzles then withers away 
->Steichen emerges as favorite candidate, long enough for everyone to get excited 
->team begins redirecting attention elsewhere in attempt to suppress expectations 
->Hires Frank Reich

shame I didn’t pull the trigger on posting it, so far it looks like it’s been spot on 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

Unless Tepper is legitimately torn it makes zero sense not to make this hire today. Gives you a leg up in filling out a staff.

It is possible they want to offer a second interview to someone else.

The team has guarded this process better than Fort Knox.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1