• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who do you want? (Public Poll)

Brooklyn 3.0

Who do you want? (Public Poll)  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want the Panthers to draft in the 2023 NFL Draft?

21 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Kyler Murray is 5'8 

His height is not that big of a concern it's his weight and frame.

Batted balls are not a concern?  Height, weight and frame are all concerns. Like I said earlier, if Young and AR-15 could magically switch bodies, I'd be all in on trading up for Young.

Fan Nation is a site that produces NFL content from current and former players, coaches, and executives. They too, are getting in the mock draft game, because why not?

In their latest mock draft, they project the Carolina Panthers to make a trade with the Seattle Seahawks to move up to the fifth overall pick to select Ohio State quarterback C.J. Stroud.

1 hour ago, joemac said:

Very true.  Just so happened in Big Cock Brocks case, that he stepped into a very complete team, with a great, QB friendly system, and an innovative head coach.  SF is proof that coaching and scheme are HUGE factors in the success of a young QB. 

Exactly. If you have a good system and roster you don't need your quarterback to carry the team. That might be more important than who you pick.

• Pie 1

16 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Batted balls are not a concern?  Height, weight and frame are all concerns. Like I said earlier, if Young and AR-15 could magically switch bodies, I'd be all in on trading up for Young.

His heights and the batted balls narrative is the most over blown thing in this fan base.

1st: Everyone is touchy with this subject because Baker.  Matt Corral is only 1 inch taller with a much lower release.  So the ball is coming out at around the same height.  Should we write him off completely?

Also you do realize 2 if the tallest QBs in the league (Allen and Herbert)  were at the top of the league in batted down passes last year.  So explain that one.

if you have the Vision and know how to move the pocket and/or roll out to find the passing lanes.  It doesn’t matter.  And that’s something Bryce has been able to do better than most prospects to come out in a while.

The only concern of there is one should be the weight/frame.  Which I’m not overly worried about

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, ncfan said:

His heights and the batted balls narrative is the most over blown thing in this fan base.

1st: Everyone is touchy with this subject because Baker.  Matt Corral is only 1 inch taller with a much lower release.  So the ball is coming out at around the same height.  Should we write him off completely?

Also you do realize 2 if the tallest QBs in the league (Allen and Herbert)  were at the top of the league in batted down passes last year.  So explain that one.

if you have the Vision and know how to move the pocket and/or roll out to find the passing lanes.  It doesn’t matter.  And that’s something Bryce has been able to do better than most prospects to come out in a while.

The only concern of there is one should be the weight/frame.  Which I’m not overly worried about

Yep, it takes finding the passing lanes with good arc & velocity.  Brees did it tremendously well.  Bryce shows a lot of freaking talent in this department.  Just really navigates smoothly and finds the lane. 

He threw over the line between the hash really well and I didn't see much issue.  He's been able to stay in the pocket and find guys in the middle which is the biggest concern that emerges from the size discussion aside from injury potential, which I think is overblown.  Everyone playing is at risk of an injury.  Biggest to the smallest, and I don't see reason to think he's not durable.  He's taken good licks over the years.

Edited by Bear Hands
  • Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Yep, it takes finding the passing lanes with good arc & velocity.  Brees did it tremendously well.  Bryce shows a lot of freaking talent in this department.  Just really navigates smoothly and finds the lane. 

He threw over the line between the hash really well and I didn't see much issue.  He's been able to stay in the pocket and find guys in the middle which is the biggest concern that emerges from the size discussion aside from injury potential, which I think is overblown.  Everyone playing is at risk of an injury.  Biggest to the smallest, and I don't see reason to think he's not durable.  He's taken good licks over the years.

This year Justin Herbert was 2nd and Trevor Lawerence was 4th in the entire NFL in batted down passes.  Both guys over 6’5

Last year

Herbert, Allen, and Big Ben were 1,2, and 3 in the NFL in batted down passes.  All at least 6’5

Cam, Phillip Rivers, and Big Ben 3 out of top 5 in the NFL in batted passes.  All at least 6’5

• Pie 1

Tough call. To get Young/Stroud (and seemingly Levis now) it may take swapping picks this year, and departing with next years 1st and 2 or 3 2nd rounders. 

I’m just not convinced any of these QB’s are worth trading 3-4 potential cornerstone players for. That’s a damn big risk. 

I think there’s enough QB’s in the draft that you can grab one at 9 or even the 2nd round with similar talent, while keeping picks to add weapons, pass rushers, linebackers, linemen.

And I think Reich is capable of overachieving with QB’s. 

I’d love a top 2 QB…but is the juice worth the squeeze? Because it will be ONE HELL OF A SQEEZE. 

21 hours ago, t96 said:

Stroud because I think Young will be more expensive to get and while he's also a great prospect I don't see him as being better than Stroud. Would be happy with either though. I was higher on Levis before but don't care for him at 9 now. Richardson in the 2nd sure, not at 9.

I hear the Colts like Levis (don't know why everyone seems to be saying this).  If they move up to get him, that could make Stroud affordable--assuming others don't trade up before us. 

I would move up ahead of Vegas and Atlanta, then take the best QB available--I am guessing it could be either Stroud or Levis---

I am not confident that either is a good pick, however.

Part of me says trade back, grab a pick or two, and take Hendon Hooker at 61. If healthy, his skill set is not below Richardson or Levis if you ask me (but I am not good at evaluating QB talent) Sign a QB on a 1-year "prove it" deal or an aging veteran.  Then you'd have Hooker on a 3-year rookie contract between the ages of 26-29. I dunno.

• Pie 1